More help for Spectators

BrerNashville

DIS Veteran
My family and I are staying at the Bay Lake Tower Marathon weekend. Will they be able to walk from BLT to the MK to see me run through the MK (kids will not be getting up for the start), or will they not be able to cross the marathon route to get into the MK? Two alternatives would be to take the monorail to MK (does the resort monorail run that early?), or to walk out front of BLT to the marathon route and cheer us from there (is that even accessible? I assume it is, but this is my first marathon and don't know). I'm leading toward the latter if the MK is not directly accessible by foot.

Any thoughts on the above?

How crowded is the MK for marathon spectators?

My family and I are staying at the Bay Lake Tower Marathon weekend. Will they be able to walk from BLT to the MK to see me run through the MK (kids will not be getting up for the start), or will they not be able to cross the marathon route to get into the MK? Two alternatives would be to take the monorail to MK (does the resort monorail run that early?), or to walk out front of BLT to the marathon route and cheer us from there (is that even accessible? I assume it is, but this is my first marathon and don't know). I'm leading toward the latter if the MK is not directly accessible by foot.

Any thoughts on the above?

How crowded is the MK for marathon spectators?

Hi! I stayed at BLT last year. You can walk on the path to Magic Kingdom but you will eventually hit a dead end of runners. They run across the street that divides the Contemporary from the resort bus area. If my brain is remembering right, there is a security person who does allow families to cross when there is ample room. But since we were spectating our friend who was in corral M of the marathon...it can take a while to get an opening...it's pretty densely packed with runners/walkers. We were able to get across for the half as well. Not sure if it will be same this year.

Edited to add that it didn't seem too terrible for crowding of spectators (if you would compare to a crowded fireworks type Main Street situation) but no idea how it will be this year. I also may have a higher tolerance for crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter