More important for rope drop at DHS or Epcot?

bibbidibobbidibecky

The Fairy Godblogger
Let me try to explain myself. We will be going to MVMCP and expect a late night. The next morning will be leisurely so whatever park we go to we will not be there at rope drop. So should we do DHS or Epcot that next morning?

Which ever we don't do that next day, we will do the following and will hit rope drop, so which of these would be more important to be there for?

TIA!

Do DHS the next day after the late night party!! Rope drop at DHS is a waste, go later after you rest, then spend the rest of the day there, and do Fantasmic that night, just my 2 cents!!

I would get to DHS for EMH over Epcot for toy story mania

I disagree! The situation with Toy Story makes it very important to be at DHS at Rope Drop if you want a reasonable chance to ride it. With the FPs running out early (before noon) and wait times that routinely hit 90+ mins, we go directly to Toy Story, get FPs, ride it once then, and come back later to use the FPs.

Altho there can be long waits for Soarin' at Epcot, there's more to do there to occupy your time if you get FPs later than RD.

I am no expert (I am really a rope-drop kind of girl), but I would think about these factors for starters:

(1) What are the Fantasmic nights and EMH? You don't want to schedule a leisurely day at DHS when they're showing Fantasmic that night. This past January, we went to DHS on a non-Fantasmic, non-EMH day and it was SO pleasant the whole day. We RUSHED to TSM, got a fastpass, rode and then rode with the fastpass, thinking we were doomed if we didn't. It posted 20 minute waits all morning. We rode it again later because the waits were so reasonable. That same park on an EMH or Fantasmic day is a whole different story.

Likewise, you don't want to schedule a leisurely day at Epcot when they're having EMH. Conventional wisdom is that Epcot supposedly handles crowds better than the other parks. However, on our first trip, we planned to do a MK morning and EP afternoon on our last day. By the time we got to Epcot, the posted waits for Soarin were sky-high and they were out of fastpasses.

(2) What rides are more important to you? Soarin, Test Track, Mission Space or TSM, ToT, RnR?

Thanks for the replies everyone. Like all the rest of the December folks I have to wait until the hours come out I guess to fully plan my days.

Fantasmic nights will play a BIG role in what day we do DHS. We saw it last year and have no desire to do it again, so will try to avoid the park on those days.

We want to ride TSM for sure, but do you think we will be able to get fastpasses for later in the day if we don't get there until around 10 a.m.? Risky I know, but I think there is more we want to do at Epcot.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Like all the rest of the December folks I have to wait until the hours come out I guess to fully plan my days.

Fantasmic nights will play a BIG role in what day we do DHS. We saw it last year and have no desire to do it again, so will try to avoid the park on those days.

We want to ride TSM for sure, but do you think we will be able to get fastpasses for later in the day if we don't get there until around 10 a.m.? Risky I know, but I think there is more we want to do at Epcot.

It is going to depend on the day you go. We went on a non-EMH, non-Fantasmic day. I changed my strategy this year and got FP's for RnRC first while DH took the kids on TSM to ride standby. When I got my second set of FP's for TSM at 10 a.m., my return time was for 1 p.m.

I would definitely do rope drop at DHS over rope drop at EPCOT. You'll be able to ride Toy Story Mania and get a fast pass to ride again. That alone makes getting there for rope drop worth it for us. You should have no problem getting on all the big attractions at EPCOT without showing up for rope drop.

Like everyone else, I would choose Epcot for the non rope drop day. We got there around 2 pm on Pres. Day and were still able to get FP's for Soarin.

We do rope drops and close up the parks,but we also always have Park hoppers.But we do It by where are adr are schedule at.so if we have a lunch adr at Hollywood and vine we would do rope drop at DHS vise versa If we had dinnier adr then we would do rope drop at another park and come to DHS after words.

I don't think I have ever heard of TSM Fast Passes running out by 10:00 a.m., so I think you will be fine, so long as one ride on TSM is enough for you. I would predict a return time of about 2:00 p.m. And the good thing about not hitting the Fast Pass machines until 10:00 is that you shouldn't face ridiculous lines just to get the Fast Passes.

I definitely agree with you about avoiding DHS on a Fantasmic-day if you're not going to attend Fantasmic, so that factor alone may make your decision for you when the December schedule comes out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter