More on Billy Joel accident

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
Christie Brinkley is publicly expressing concern about her children riding in the car with Joel. Moments before the accident her daughter Alexa was in the passenger seat that was demolished in the accident. She said it is the latest in a series of accidents.
I remember at the time of the accident thinking that this wasn't the first one. He has had a history of alcohol problems and I was surprised that they didn't order an alcohol test. I just figured they were more concerned about his injuries and it was a one car accident. But I guess they should have run the test, this story could have been much worst if his dd was in the car.

Thankfully she was not in the car. Let's hope if Billy Joel still battles with an addiction that he gets the help he needs before he hurts himself or someone else.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

I heard on the news that they took a blood test at the hospital and there were no alcohol or drugs detected.

I heard the same thing - no drugs or alcohol involved. I also heard that Christie was taking pics with a telefoto lens from afar.

I had heard that too that there werent any drugs or alchohol involved.

THe whole thing is just sad. :( Im glad Alexa is ok.

it wasn't "mements before", it was several hours earlier that Alexa was in the car.

that stretch of road is a "dead man's curve." that tree's been hit numerous times, with several fatal accidents occurring at the spot recently.

the police have indicated alcohol was not involved in the accident.

and I hardly think 2 accidents is a "pattern."Newsday article earlier article

I'm just glad he is OK--I really like Billy Joel!

Why would she do this publicly? If she has concerns shouldn't that between them and maybe their lawyers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter