• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More Park availability in June just released! HS available!

And they've already started to change things (Tower of Terror is now loading every row) so I think the idea that they're just going to add more people without changing anything else is unrealistic.

Right now at DHS as of 10:20 am the longest wait is 60 min for Slinky Dog Dash or Mickey and Minnie's RR. Over at MK Mine Train is only a 45 minute wait. Am I taking crazy pills or did everyone forget about the 2+hour standby waits at headline attractions in 2019?

And they've already started to change things (Tower of Terror is now loading every row) so I think the idea that they're just going to add more people without changing anything else is unrealistic.

Right now at DHS as of 10:20 am the longest wait is 60 min for Slinky Dog Dash or Mickey and Minnie's RR. Over at MK Mine Train is only a 45 minute wait. Am I taking crazy pills or did everyone forget about the 2+hour standby waits at headline attractions in 2019?

I hope you are right and this holds, but most of us that are now concerned about crowds have trips coming up in a month or less. They only opened up extra availability last night, so it’s not much of a surprise it isn’t affecting wait times yet.

Let’s see what happens in a couple weeks, when who you’re seeing in the park will be comprised partially of people who only booked after this news hit.

Again, I very much hope you are right and simply reducing distancing and upping existing attraction capacity is enough to eat all these new people, but I am of the mindset that it won’t be unless they also open up additional restaurants and attractions, and maybe they will. Time will tell.

I agree, everyone freaking out about Disney increasing park capacity but not increasing the number of rides, restaurants, shops, etc. might just want to wait a few days and see what takes place before losing their minds.

For one thing, Disney has already started bringing back things and increasing attraction capacity. Lion King just reopened, and reports are they are changing the social distancing in the theater from 6 feet to 3 feed immediately. That can/will gobble up a lot of AK folks. Both quick service and table service restaurants are reopening (just announced Cape May and Chef Mickey's dinner, seem to remember some QS as well). Rides are starting to increase capacity already (ToT mentioned above, as well as others). There have been numerous reports of all the cast members being recalled/hired.

Look, this summer may suck with 2+ hour waits and no where to eat or sit. But it is just as likely (if not more likely) that Disney is already in the process of doing many of the things that everyone is screaming at them for not doing, and we just need to give them a chance to get things back to full speed.

My guess is that between reducing social distancing (i.e. more people allowed on rides, in shows, in theaters, and in restaurants) and the continued reopening of attractions and restaurants, things this summer are not going to look a whole lot different than they do right now in terms of wait times and dining availability.

I missed it. Was considering getting tickets for Memorial Day weekend and just looked. Still only Epcot. Can not justify the price for park hoppers, especially with crowd increases. Oh well

I remember!! We were there June of 2019. When we went on Mine Train using FP, the standby line was 120 minutes!!

I recently booked a trip for my daughter and her friends as a graduation present knowing that only Epcot was available, but hoping that I could get them in other parks either (i) by using the constantly checking method or (ii) hoping that more tickets would be released. I guessed right on the latter and I for one am happy about it - every change makes some happy and some not.
Hakuna matata

We were there from 5/12 through 5/20. It was a huge shock walking in to AK on 5/15 and suddenly having no temp check (we expected to have to do it on the 15th but not as of the 16th) and not have to wear masks outdoors unless in line. Even the listed 75 minute wait for SDD on both days when we went to HS ended up being more like 30 minutes. Tower of Terror actually was the full 85 minutes as listed.

I will still take those over the standby waits we experienced in 2017, 2018, and 2019 for things like Peter Pan’s Flight, which was over 90 minutes. At those times, our girls were both between ages 2 and 6 and we prioritized meeting the characters with our FPs since that was then the magic of Disney for them.

WDW just released more park availability in June and beyond
How did you know when more was released? I booked last week - booked Swan for several reasons - then had to wait 3 days to show up on my itinerary and NOW I can only get into MK the very last day we are there...NOT a happy person - when I checked the morning I booked and all were fine except one park...trying to figure out when to make sure I am on and checking! TIA

How did you know when more was released? I booked last week - booked Swan for several reasons - then had to wait 3 days to show up on my itinerary and NOW I can only get into MK the very last day we are there...NOT a happy person - when I checked the morning I booked and all were fine except one park...trying to figure out when to make sure I am on and checking! TIA
This thread was started mid May and there was a big release of reservations then.

it doesn't seem like dining was increased at all. At least I didn't currently see any more for our DHS day. I do have a couple, just would like different times. but I'll take what I can get. I'll just keep checking.

it doesn't seem like dining was increased at all. At least I didn't currently see any more for our DHS day. I do have a couple, just would like different times. but I'll take what I can get. I'll just keep checking.

It wasn't, I believe somewhere Disney said they weren't immediately changing dining capacity.

well, I'm still 6 and a half weeks away so I have plenty of time. I expect lots to still change in that time frame. hoping for the Indiana Jones show to be running when we go. Not expecting, just hoping....

Before 2020 I could buy an AP and enjoy busy days by knowing that I wasn’t paying a fortune to be there. Before 2020 there were other things to do like go to shows or meet characters or enjoy the Streetmosphere or Main Street characters or see the fireworks. Before 2020 I could guarantee that I could ride a few things with little wait. Disney lured people back by limiting attendance and now they have thrown the gates open without also offering other options to entertain the nearly 50% increase in guests.

Before 2020, an entire young generation lived a way of life that is now completely altered - most of them won’t even remember life precovid much. Before 2020 was, in fact, a different time.That way of life is gone - we are living through the beginning of a new way of life. Based on what you’re saying, how you’re saying it and what you’re complaining about, you seem like you’ve been on this earth quite a while. Be happy you can remember an old way of life and learn to adapt to the new one. Discussing changes can be done without being sooo stinking negative about them...

[
Before 2020, an entire young generation lived a way of life that is now completely altered - most of them won’t even remember life precovid much. Before 2020 was, in fact, a different time.That way of life is gone - we are living through the beginning of a new way of life. Based on what you’re saying, how you’re saying it and what you’re complaining about, you seem like you’ve been on this earth quite a while. Be happy you can remember an old way of life and learn to adapt to the new one. Discussing changes can be done without being sooo stinking negative about them...
For goodness sakes! “You’ve been on this earth quite a while”, you make me sound like I’m ready to check into the nearest eldercare facility. Thanks bunches.

When a change effects me negatively, I’ll discuss it’s negative impact on me. I’m sorry that you are somehow upset about it.

[
For goodness sakes! “You’ve been on this earth quite a while”, you make me sound like I’m ready to check into the nearest eldercare facility. Thanks bunches.

When a change effects me negatively, I’ll discuss it’s negative impact on me. I’m sorry that you are somehow upset about it.

Terms like “eldercare” and “thanks bunches” aren’t helping your case 🤪. And I’m right behind you in my early 40s.

I guess I am just so thrown off by all of this negativity. We were an epicenter at the very start very locked down in my area, my kids didn’t return to school (part time!) until february - that’s 11 months. I am just happy to see any progress away from the current state and have no time to sit in negativity. But that’s me and I may be in the minority. People are so upset but these recs from the cdc came down with as much notice as everything being shut down. As a small business owner, I know how time consuming and difficult it is to get that moving so I tend to think Disney is waaaay more ahead than anyone is apparently giving them credit for.

Likely because they were checking the availability calendar frequently.
I was the original poster. First, I saw an announcement, I think on the 12th, from WDW that due to softening CDC guidance, WDW planned on increasing park capacity. As we needed park admission to MK, I then checked every few hours and on the 14th saw that June forward was mostly green. Problem now is, we have an extra person that will be coming with us, and not the dates are all sold out 😟. So now I'm back to the checking game again!

The tone of this thread is quickly deteriorating.

It was initially opened when new availability opened up but that availability has now been filled.

Moving it to the Theme Parks Community board as the original topic is no longer the theme of the thread. Please be kind to one another or the thread will be closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter