• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More Sporadic Getaways of the DISney Kind..part deux

Al's Jasmine

Earning My Ears
Cast

Mrs. Rila (the-longing-to-be-on-stage-singing-disney-songs) Trinidad-Do

and her sidekick

Mr. Al (wants-to-quit-work-and-fly-to-neverland) Do

Day 2 of Lets-get-the-heck-outta-the-Bay Area Trip

There is no sense of time in the Magic Kingdom! Don't you love it!? So it's Friday of our getaway is already off to a Grrreat start (and you have to say GRRREAT like Tony the Tiger from the Frosted Flakes commericial..you just have to).

Our excitement is looming because that morning we were going to our Character Breakfast at Goofy's kitchen. (note: We had eaten there before and we were considering on trying out the other Character Dining locations but Al was being a baby and he wanted to see his Goofy and Donald FOR SURE. I gave in, and he will indure my princess wrath at the next Character dining..ahem...PRINCESS). We had PS's for 9am. The park was opening at that time and we usually either like to eat before park's open or eat at least 2 hours AFTER parks open. We tend to be suckers for being some of the first to step into a freshly manicured park. But we did it a little different since we were staying on site this time and we didn't feel rushed at all. PLUS, having a hotel with a monorail entrance a short distance away wasn't too shabby as well.

Goofy's kitchen wasn't that crowded this Friday Morning. At first, we sometimes feel silly being two grown adults checking ourselves in, no kiddies included. Ehhhh...But we've got over it because alas age is certainly only a number. You don't have to feel weird being only adults and eating at a character breakfast. If anything..I'm sure the cast members find it refreshing to see and we don't horde the characters when we see them (well..I speak for myself at least LOL).

We had a seat by the window and a door. We thought the seating was peculiar as we were surrounded by a LOT of tables full of Japanese business folks and tourist. Ummm..We aren't with the group. HHAHA. We had a good laugh. We both aren't Japanese but I guess they thought we were here for some convention or something. It's okay though because the character were almost immediately hovering over to our side. Sorrry kids! The food was good. As good as a buffet should be. We were in love with the pizza. For some reason it was just extra tasty. ANd I particularly enjoyed the omelett station (where you can pick your fillings) and I loved their asparagus. Plus their dessert station is to die for (try the stuffed french toast YUM)

*The great thing we were able to do was prepay for this breakfast when we booked our hotel room. So if you want to already do that and pay for it, make sure you do so when you book the room.

After that, we decided to head back to our room before house keeping got to it to make sure we had everything we needed like bottled water and stuff. Al made sure he didn't need to visit the restroom anytime soon (if you know what I mean haha). We trekked over to the monorail station, anticipating a ride over to DL . BOOO the monorail was down. So we indeed had to walk over there. And the crowds were already waiting to get in. Oh well.

We enjoyed our all the dark rides in Fantasy ride since that is usually what kicks off our day. After that, we just started to meander to and fro from land to land. We kept putting off Indiana Jones because when we passed it, it said 30 mins stand-by. (we waited until evening but should've gone when it said 30 mins because by 8 pm or so it was one hour blehhh).

We headed over to DCA because we heard they had all the 75 InspEARation statues on display and we wanted to find a couple to take pictures of. Plus, ToT was sounding fun considering all that food consumption made us feel rather slow and lathargic by the afternoon. We needed a pick up so ToT will get those endorphins coursing again! I don't know why I always get the jitters right before I step into the elevator!! I mean, I've rode on this quite a few times and still I reconsider haha. It was a great rush though. And this tough, burly looking guy sitting next to me screamed like a girl so it was good laughs after as well!
105_0536.jpg

We never leave the Hollywood Backlot area without visiting Off the Page store and it's connection Animations thingamajig. I love that area!! It's interactive and the place is just really something special. So go there, esp. when you want to wind down and relax. Added bonus this day was the princesses who were there to take pictures with and sign autographs. Of course I was in line before Al could say anything to me. I almost broke Snow White's character when she stopped to admire my boots (I was wearing baby blue Uggs). Luckily I brought her back into HER reality and said "maybe you should ask Prince Charming, since my prince bought me these". It's corny I KNOW!

I wasn't feeling the thrill rides as much, especially the roller coasters! But that didn't stop Al. It's adventagious if you are a solo rider. You get through the line and onto the ride so much faster.
105_0537.jpg

Soarin' was the last ride we did at DCA. I love this ride too!! You know I sometimes take for granted how beautiful my state is and how I have all these great places to visit and I haven't visited all of them yet! But DL is still my favorite heehee. We were in line with newlyweds from Arizona. This was their first time on Soarin (and in DL for that matter) and it was great to see their reaction during the ride. And strangely enough, I still get that reaction myself.

We headed back to our hotel after that and relaxed a bit. It was ridiculously warm for January and decided that, why not, LETS GO SWIMMING!!! I love the pool at DLH. It has a Peter Pan theme. After swimming, we decided to eat at Yamabuki's at PPH. It was rather good! We are so picky with our Japanese food since there are really great one's in San Francisco, but this was was very good! The prices were on a the pricy side (nothing you wouldn't expect from a hotel's restaurant with a little more elegance to it)

We finished the night off with a go around in DL. Autopia at night is something else! There was a band playing every night in Tomorrow Land the whole time we were there. So waiting in Line for Autopia wasn't bad at all since you can hear the music playing. The lights are bright, you're singing the lyrics to the songs, and your driving a animated car..What's better than that!?

Before heading out of DL we try to end the final moments with a Grand Gibson Sundae. YUMM.. We shared it because it's huge (But I think Al was kind of hoping of having his own). If there isn't any room inside the Gibson Ice Cream Parlor, cross the street to the other side and there will be seats and tables where you will find the locker rooms. No one hardly sits there and you can eat your ice cream in semi peace. On a not to loud evening, you can hear various voices coming from the windows of the buildings. Oh how I love to hear a man singing in the shower as I take my spoonsful of nestle toll house cookie dough ice cream and a glob of hot fudge....

The night was over and there was still a Saturday to conquer...off to bed with the realization that " I can't believe we're in Disneyland.."

To be Cont'd.....

Sounds like you're having a great time! Thanks for the TR and can't wait to read more!...

I wish I could go back now, i really need the escape! Ha ha, you guys remind me of me and my hubby as well! :earboy2: Can't wait for the rest of your report....The whole thing about the japanese buisness persons cracked me up, That seems to happen to me all the time when we are on vacation as well!!!! :crazy:

You can't imagine how silly we get sometimes when we go there. We literally treat the vacation like we are the only ones in the park (mind you we aren't rude to people or anything heehee).

By the way Krispe, that is a stunning wedding photo of you and DH. Did you marry in Napa? And this is a weird question as well...but where you part of the Knot message boards? Anyway...I'm so happy to find another newly married DISer couple from The Bay Area!!

Don't worry, once I muster the energy and patience once more I will continue the trip report.. :sunny:

Hello!
Thanks! I love that wedding photo too! hee hee, we actually were married in Pleasanton at a place called the Palm Event Center at the Mitchell Katz Winery. It's a great location. Hee hee, yup I was definately on the knot.com message boards but, I never downloaded any photos or anything! my bad, sorry! I just never had the time while I was planning!

so when did you guys get married and was it in the bay area as well?

Oh yeah, more photos please!!!! :earboy2:

Krispe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter