Morimoto

Disnee grl

Mouseketeer
We have a lunch reservation here. Have seen quite a few bad reviews, small portions, cold food etc.Any comments or food pictures would be great. I just don't want a disappointing dining experience here. We really like good sushi and the menu looks good.

THe food is UNREAL. It's a must do for me. I have never had anything less than exceptional when dining there. I have been there both dinner and lunch and it has been amazing each time I've gone.

I thought it was okay and I would probably go back. But, I think it is overpriced.

The sushi was good. I was disappointed with the steamed dumplings. I liked their salad. DH ordered shrimp fried rice, portion was small-ish for him.

We did not have a good experience, unfortunately. Sushi and hot entrees were no better than our local places (but more expensive), and they were OUT OF TUNA!!!

Many prices were comparable to Nobu, but food was decidedly NOT.

We've been to Morimoto several times (we are local) and enjoyed each visit. Occasionally we've had poor service, but the food has always been good.

Anyone been to Disney Springs Morimoto and the MGM Grand version? Interested on how they compare as we recently went to the Vegas version.

We like it and are heading back in August. The curry laksa noodles, ribs, and pork buns are some of our favorites on the menu.

We have been several times (Dinner/Lunch). The portion sizes didn't seem to be small.

Have been a few times. Twice with family and we had a seat in the dining room. About 4 times with just myself on work dinners and sat at the sushi bar. If you like sushi and can do that, just sit at the bar. Tell the chef what you like and about how much you want to spend and enjoy.

It's not a place that I will pick. We all know him from his Iron Chef show being an innovative chef. Instead he created this mixed cusine that is heavy on westernized Chinese food like Lo Mein, dumpling, spring rolls, Peking noodles. These are very common run-of-mill Chinese takeout items that most cities carry. It is definitely very different from what he created on Iron Chef show.

We need to remember that he is a Japnese chef. It's like going to Monsieur Paul and end up eating spaghetti with meat balls. No matter how good that spaghetti is, it's just embarrassing for a French chef to sell it.

Don't mean to hijack, but does anyone know what can be ordered on the DDP for lunch? Is there as special menu for the DDP?
I'm going to bump this because I have the same question & noticed no one has been able to answer yet.
Also sorry to the OP for the hijack. But helpful info for many DIS'rs. :-)
Any experiences at Morimoto lunch on Dining Plan as should be 1 TS credit?

I'm going to bump this because I have the same question & noticed no one has been able to answer yet.
Also sorry to the OP for the hijack. But helpful info for many DIS'rs. :-)
Any experiences at Morimoto lunch on Dining Plan as should be 1 TS credit?
Morimoto is 2 credits at both lunch and dinner.

I thought lunch was only 1 credit? When I made my reservation for lunch in December, it only showed up as 1 dining credit per person!

It's listed as one credit on the participating restaurants PDF for lunch and two credits for dinner. Can anyone confirm what it actually is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter