• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Morning rush

Juliepoohgirl

Earning My Ears
Hello. We are going to DW in July and staying off site. How early should we get to the gates before the prk opens? Can you ferry across before it opens and be at the gates? And do they sell tickets before the park actually opens? Thanks!

Hi and welcome.:) I don't remember what time the ticket booths at the parks opened but I would guess about 30 minutes before park opening. I would recommend getting your tickets before you go in order to save time when you actually get to the parks. You can buy them at the Disney Store or at the Disney Welcome Center in Ocala if you are driving down.

As for what time to get there, this depends. Are you planning to do a character meal in the park before or as soon as it opens? If so, you will need to get there earlier - especially at the MK. The MK is the only park where you will need to take a tram from the parking lot and then board the ferry or monorail to get to the park gates. If you have a PS for a character meal, allow about 45 minutes to get from the parking lot to Main St. If you don't have a PS, you will have to wait until about 10 minutes before park opening to get on the monorail or ferry over to the park gates. At the other parks the tram from the parking lot takes you all the way to the park gate.

Hope this helps - maybe I didn't make it too confusing.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter