• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most Awesome View at WDW??

new_yawka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Inspired by the "benches" thread, I am curious to know what "view" people believe is the nicest, most awe inspiring at WDW.

I have lots of thoughts, but don't want to share too many now, as I may sway the discussion. Rather, I will share the one view I find most remarkable....

....Window table at California Grill (Top of the CR) at night....To me, it feels like you are flying over the MK in a helicopter....Cinderella's castle looks majestic and you have the added benefit of seeing all the happenings around the lake. I can't get enough of this view. :earsboy:

Others?

The relaxingly peaceful view when the doors open on Tower Of Terror.

Illuminations from the Rose and Crown patio.

awww Lulu - love the picture!

The best view for me is any of the "opening" gates letting me know we are finally there. Other than that, I am still exploring and will have to get back to you.

Laura

the top of Splash mountain where it goes around outside. looks nice in daytime but at night - magic.

lagoon view at the Polyn

I happen to love the water views at OKW!

I agree the Tower of Terror when the doors open - although I like Splash Mountain better.

the view from the monorail approaching the magic kingdom when you see the castle, but it's the view of my kids faces....every time. :sunny:

Vacation Club Way very early on a warm morning, covered in low lying mist.

This view wasn't bad:

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

All pictures taken from the same balcony at the Dolphin.

grim pirate:

Hmmm...is it OK to have the best WDW view from a non-Disney property? ;)

Very nice pics though!

grimgrinnin said:
...All pictures taken from the same balcony at the Dolphin...
Nice to know that monstrosity is good for something.

My Top 5 Best views at WDW

1) Lagoon View at Polynesian
2) Lagoon View at Grand Flo
3) Entering Main St USA at MK with Castle straight ahead
4) MK side of CR Tower
4b) Just about anywhere lagoon-side from World Showcase at night
5) Savannah View at AKL

Watching the MK fireworks over the castle from our balcony while enjoying desserts and cordials.

Walking into the Wilderness Lodge, December, little nip in the air
and huge tree in the lobby! Ahhhh, 4 more months. :cool1:

new_yawka said:
Inspired by the "benches" thread, I am curious to know what "view" people believe is the nicest, most awe inspiring at WDW.
I look at this as two different questions. While I won't try to come up with the nicest view at WDW, the most awe inspiring has to be driving up to WDW and seeing the arch as you are entering WDW indicating that you are at WDW.

Very difficult. There are so many great views on property.

Oddly the view that came to my mind first was the view of the castle from the old skyway ride.

After that:

1. AKL savannah from your balcony in the early morning
2. sunrise safari ride as you pass the upside down tree and see the grasslands open up in front of you with all of the animals -- and they stop for you to just take in the beauty
3. any view from a water craft at night -- but mostly the the fireworks cruise at MK or Epcot
4. any view from a water craft during the day -- but mostly watching the geiser with WL in the background
5. the arch as you enter onto WDW property and you realize that you are home again

The look on my little girl's face when she FINALLY got to talk to Cinderella after walking around WDW for 4 days in the August heat dressed in her own Cinderella costume........AWESOME!!!!

Muushka said:
Walking into the Wilderness Lodge, December, little nip in the air and huge tree in the lobby! Ahhhh, 4 more months. :cool1:
I'm glad to hear this as we are staying at the VWL for the first time this Dec and I can't wait!

For me, it is the view of Epcot at night through a monorail window while riding the loop. It always reminds me of my first trip back to WDW as an adult. We rode the monorail over just to "peek" at Epcot. I had no idea we'd get to ride through FutureWorld. It was dark out, so the full effect of evening lighting was in play....oh, I'm getting a misty just thinking about it. Yeah, that's still my favorite "view."

Sign me,
Sap

The view of MK from a watermouse out on Seven Seas Lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter