Most expensive gift you got for Christmas?

A pair of boots. I’ve been looking at them for 3 years but just couldn’t buy them for myself (not super pricey but more than I typically spend on myself and I only leave the house 2-3 days a week sometimes less in the winter so they won’t get worn much). My husband snuck out on Christmas Eve and bought them. Complete surprise. Still unsure if I want to keep them.

A pair of miumiu sandals for my wife that she's been eyeing all year and were out of stock EVERYWHERE but Bloomingdales came through in the end. She was so excited the day after Xmas when they went on sale for several hundred $ off and was able to get the difference credited. She likes her luxury goods but she LOVES a deal.

My daughter and son in law got me a round trip ticket to Greece, an indoor greenhouse, growlight, some clothes, power pack for phone, and other random things- Years ago when she was little I always did Christmas BIG for her, an only child, only grandchild, only neice and only kid on the block she was always showered with gifts- she is now doing the same to me LOL.

I got a paper shredder, who could ask for anything more. Actually it was something I asked for. I have wanted one for a long time but couldn't bring myself to spend the money. I keep a lot of hard copy stuff for a time and eventually it has to go (I have no room). Now it goes out in recycling in little shredded pieces.

1703897835967.png

I got a paper shredder, who could ask for anything more. Actually it was something I asked for. I have wanted one for a long time but couldn't bring myself to spend the money. I keep a lot of hard copy stuff for a time and eventually it has to go (I have no room). Now it goes out in recycling in little shredded pieces.

View attachment 821282
I have a wood stove that works perfectly for burning up old documents.

I have a wood stove that works perfectly for burning up old documents.
Since there are no fireplaces in our apartment building, they frown upon open fires, but that is a much better solution than mine.

Back in the day I ran a web printing (newspaper style) business. I basically heated my house for a number of years with my reliable Fisher woodstove and bundles of waste newsprint. A bundle of papers would burn as long as a chunk of wood and it was free. Other big plus was no creosote. I had a fireplace also, but we kept it closed up in the winter so there wouldn't be a lot of heat loss up the chimney. The woodstove had a more controlled air flow.

My DH and I stopped exchanging gifts a couple of years ago. We just do stockings. Most expensive thing in the stocking was some Ghirardelli chocolate, lol!

Most expensive gift we gave was a Disney cruise to our two adult daughters and their families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter