Most expensive vacation you have been on?

Wow! Talk about wanderlust. I've traveled a lot internationally for work, but those trips have usually never been over-the-top (I was working in academia at the time). Except that one time I got a taste of the good life staying at the Fairmont in SF for a conference. I echo a lot of what folks are saying that London is expensive any way you slice it, whereas I was taking 1+ hour long uber rides in Mumbai for like $8 including tip. Personal travel rarely clocks in at more than $2k OOP per person for ~7 days including flight, hotel, food, other transit, and activities, and sometimes costs are even less because we'll subsidize with credit card/airline rewards. DH and I are taking an "extended" 4-5 night vacation this summer back to NYC to visit friends and family and have a little R&R where we plan to live it up a little bit, so that may be the most expensive vacation yet!

Grand Cayman for our 2 week honeymoon.

The only trip that was more expensive was when we went to Russia, but then, we brought our kids home as "souveniers." ;)

Family of 4 spending 2 weeks over Christmas in Grand Cayman was comparable to our family trip to Orlando for 24 days seeing all the sights etc.

Tour to the Canadian Rockies staying at the Fairmont resorts in Lake Louise, Jasper, and Banff. Fantastic trip. We did a helicopter tour too.

Our first ever WDW trip. We thought it was going to be a one and done so we went all out.

I want to say 5 days at WDW, but I think that our 7 days in Seaside, FL actually cost more as the condo was $3,300 alone, and we had 7 people to feed, along with activities, etc. Close call between the two.

Any one of our 6 National Park trips that we have taken in the last 13 years. Between airfare, rental van, lodging and food they have all cost between 10k-15k.

A month in Europe. At some point, I stopped adding it all up. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter