Most Hated Foods

go to any place that sells fries (not chain fastfood) around where i live and you are immediatly asked 'catsup, tarter sauce or ranch?'. in our home it's referred to as 'yummy sauce' b/c that's how my kids were programmed by their daycare providers in the 90's who (stupidly in my opinion) thought it was great way to encourage kids to eat raw veggies.

it's charcuterie, someone mentioned
Wow, I have no idea what that is... I will google that! Seeing as how it is so hated here, maybe that is why I haven't seen it :rotfl2:

***Edit***

Oh yea I HAVE seen that at showers and stuff (I had not idea it was called that, I thought it was a snack tray or something)... I don't have a problem with it. I just kind of pick out the stuff I want and it's fine.

Wow, I have no idea what that is... I will google that! Seeing as how it is so hated here, maybe that is why I haven't seen it :rotfl2:

***Edit***

Oh yea I HAVE seen that at showers and stuff (I had not idea it was called that, I thought it was a snack tray or something)... I don't have a problem with it. I just kind of pick out the stuff I want and it's fine.
Yeah the problem is they are usually way overpriced for what you get.

If you make it yourself great, but at a restaurant or caterer its usually way overpriced.

And a casual check finds Ranch available as a dipping cause in New York. Or in this case as the base sauce on the pizza.
Ok, so some places in NY have it. Not the places I go to. I don’t live in Manhattan. I’ve never heard of dipping sauce for pizza either. Oh well. :confused3

Ok, so some places in NY have it. Not the places I go to. I don’t live in Manhattan. I’ve never heard of dipping sauce for pizza either. Oh well. :confused3
IMO - Just because you can get it in NY does not normalize it. Probably too many places trying to be trendy, cool or shock to get noticed.
I doubt many of those places that have been around for 100 or so years have ranch with their pizzas. If you ask for it and they have it I'm sure they will give it to you. (unless they are old school Italian - then they will yell at you and kick you out)

Just some examples of odd Pizzas
  • Pizza with funky Taleggio, roasted red and green grape halves, whole toasted hazelnuts, porcini truffle cream, fresh frisee, and black lava salt
  • Pizza with house made kimchi, bacon, sesame seeds, and a creamy sauce made from miso and American cheese.
  • The Elvis Pizza - Peanut butter, mozzarella and provolone, a layer of chopped bacon slices, and sliced bananas. It’s baked and melted in the oven, then drizzled with honey before serving.
  • Crab Rangoon Pizza
  • Spaghetti Pizza
So - I guess Ranch or Pineapple are not all that strange

IMO - Just because you can get it in NY does not normalize it. Probably too many places trying to be trendy, cool or shock to get noticed.
So - I guess Ranch or Pineapple are not all that strange.

I agree. Sure, you can put anything you want on it and still call it pizza, but I suppose I’m a pizza purist. I prefer basic pizza made with dough, tomato sauce, cheese, and maybe one or two traditional toppings.

Anything other than normal toppings on pizza changes it to “not pizza.”

“normal toppings” by MY definition: pepperoni, mushrooms, sausage, etc. Even anchovies and pineapple are normal enough. But no crab Rangoon, hazelnuts, or peanut butter and bananas.

***Edit***

Really? It’s huge here, there are stores that exclusively sell boards, there are classes, in the past couple of years I’ve never been to an event without one (even though many here protest the name, antipast has been on menus forever). It’s the Stanley cup of appetizers.

And more people who line up for it. That place is nuts, they have to have someone in the parking lot directing traffic. The one closest to me shares a parking lot with an In and Out with a car wash in between. I feel sorry for people trying to get out of the car wash since the car wash exits into the point where the ends of the Chik Fil A and In and Out lines cross.
The CFA near our son & daughter in laws is expanding, making a 2nd drive through lane Not quite sure how that would work but it will close for 12 weeks to remodel and add the 2nd lane. Our son & DIL are not fans of CFA at all, saying the feel it has gone downhill from when they were first in the area.

The CFA near our son & daughter in laws is expanding, making a 2nd drive through lane Not quite sure how that would work but it will close for 12 weeks to remodel and add the 2nd lane. Our son & DIL are not fans of CFA at all, saying the feel it has gone downhill from when they were first in the area.
This is the Google satellite view of the Chik Fil A nearest my house. Pretty typical line around the building, then a double line of cars as it stretches into the parking lot.photo.jpg

Yes, I’ve seen pans like this and others that make more or ALL edges, but we’re just not fans of the crispiness. Apparently at least one other person in Maryland feels the same.

View attachment 834753
I've had one of these pans for years and won't cook brownies in any other pan. Get the pan and some Ghirardelli brownie mix from Costco - use 2 of the pouches and bake for 50 minutes. For best results, cut the next morning. (They'll be so gooey that they'll fall apart if you cut right out of the oven.) So good!

I think Chick-Fil-A nuggets are absolutely delicious - one of my favorite things to get from any fast food restaurant. I sometimes think these things are based on what you grew up enjoying. I also love White Castle and Imo's pizza, but I know a lot of people who didn't grow up eating them can't stand them.

I've had one of these pans for years and won't cook brownies in any other pan. Get the pan and some Ghirardelli brownie mix from Costco - use 2 of the pouches and bake for 50 minutes. For best results, cut the next morning. (They'll be so gooey that they'll fall apart if you cut right out of the oven.) So good!

I think Chick-Fil-A nuggets are absolutely delicious - one of my favorite things to get from any fast food restaurant. I sometimes think these things are based on what you grew up enjoying. I also love White Castle and Imo's pizza, but I know a lot of people who didn't grow up eating them can't stand them.
Everyone always loved my delicious brownies, I have a 1/2 sheet pan that I’d bake a big batch in, lined with non stick foil. I’d freeze them so I always had some ready to go.

Gas station wine? Whaaa...?

I live in NJ, we don't have wine at gas stations.

For the record, I absolutely LOATHE coconut. I don't mind the smell or anything because that's pleasant, but the texture is like biting another person's fingernails.
You and me both. If I was stranded on an island with nothing but coconut trees, I'm not sure I'd make it. :)

For the record, I absolutely LOATHE coconut. I don't mind the smell or anything because that's pleasant, but the texture is like biting another person's fingernails.
Yeah, I like the taste but not the texture. Same goes for almonds and hazelnuts.

For MA it's mayo on fries. I usually go for ketchup, but I'm not opposed to mayo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter