Most important info/changes for swan/dolphin? Last stayed in 2010

StarTunnelVibes

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!

I am planning a trip to the swan in late March 2024. The last time I stayed at the resort was in 2010. I know that some things have changed over the years. From what I have gathered, these are the most important changes:

-bus for MK drops at TTC not front gate
-buses load at a location further from the Disney resort bus depots…?
-magic bands available to purchase, but only to be used for park tickets

We are purchasing a resort/ticket package through Disney directly. Are there any downsides to this in regards to the swan specifically? (Other than pricing - this is a quick last minute trip so we are trying to keep planning simple).
We have done resort/ticket packages only for Disney owned resorts (GF, POFQ, BW).

We are not renting a car - just using Disney transport.

Thanks everyone! :)

buses load at a location further from the Disney resort bus depots…?
Not really. Boat service to DHS and EPCOT is the same as Disney resorts. The charter bus stop used in the AK is a shorter walk then the walk to the Disney buses.

The bus stop for the MK is located at the TTC. The walk from the Swan bus stop to the ferry or monorail is a shorter walk then from the Disney bus stops to the entrance.

A lot of posters suggest using Disney buses from Boardwalk. You're replacing a 10 minute ferry ride with a 10 minute walk to a Disney resort.

JMO The time savings is not significant.

Thanks for your tips everyone!

One follow up question - I officially booked the package today (wooohoooo!). I purchased 4 day park tickets with park hopper (also with the resort).

I called the internet help desk to ask a question about linking tickets for a package (since I did not see that in MDE, I only saw the hotel reservation). The rep explained that I will need to link the physical tickets to MDE (that the hotel will give me) when I check in to the Swan.

Is this process as easy as it sounds? We have always booked packages with disney owned resorts (never the swan) so this process is new to me........

Near the bottom of the main screen on DME App is a spot to link to account. Click on it then select type ID near the top.

Your reservation confirmation might have a number you can input. Linking the ticket will let you use your phone or any magic bands you purchased. If not call the help desk and ask for the ID # used to link tickets

You can just scan the physical ticket when you get it BUT, at least in the past, you could get the ticket number, use your phone or magic band and not even bothering to get a physical ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter