Most like GF?

Lovetherodent

Sleep Is For The Weak!
I love the Grand Floridian. I like the size of the resort. Nothing is very far away. I like the relaxed vibe. I love the lobby. The theming covers the visual, the auditory (especially in the evening when the band is playing) and the olfactory. But, she's a pricey place. In your opinion, is there another deluxe similar to the GF in terms of size and atmosphere?

I don't think that you are likely to find another deluxe resort similar to the GF. If you are looking to save money, why not try either WL or AKL as they are considered deluxe-lite resorts.

I agree with SharonZ that nothing is quite like the Grand, but I'd throw out the Beach Club as an alternative with excellent theming and some elegance in its bones. It smells good in the (albeit much smaller) lobby too.

No, there isn't another place like the GF in WDW. If I were you, though, I would give the BWI (or the YC) a look. They both have a very nice, luxurious atmosphere with a relaxed ambiance. Rooms are a little smaller than those at the Grand, but still well appointed. Plus, you will get the opportunity to try the Epcot resort area which is a very nice experience.

Take a look online at the rooms and lobby of the different resorts to get an idea if the theme appeals to you.

Finally, rooms at these resorts are usually less expensive than those at the Grand!!!

Good luck choosing!

I did stay at AKL in December. It's nice, but I felt like I had to walk to Africa to get to my room from the lobby (and I wasn't even all the way at the end). It probably wasn't much further than my trek from the lobby at GF to Boca Chica, but walking down a long hallway that looks just like it could be just about any hotel didn't make me feel "Disney" the way that crossing the well maintained landscape of the GF did. I guess it's the little things. Tub/toilet area of the bathroom is also really tight. But I will say this for AKL. Bus service is outstanding, much better than the other deluxes I've stayed.

I have thought about BWI, though!

I would say that nothing is like the GF, but the Yacht Club is pretty close in a more upscale ambiance. It is typically a little quieter than it's sister (the BC).

I did stay at AKL in December. It's nice, but I felt like I had to walk to Africa to get to my room from the lobby (and I wasn't even all the way at the end). It probably wasn't much further than my trek from the lobby at GF to Boca Chica, but walking down a long hallway that looks just like it could be just about any hotel didn't make me feel "Disney" the way that crossing the well maintained landscape of the GF did. I guess it's the little things. Tub/toilet area of the bathroom is also really tight. But I will say this for AKL. Bus service is outstanding, much better than the other deluxes I've stayed.

I have thought about BWI, though!
If you thought AKL's hallways were long wait till you stay at BW. We stayed in the villas and the hallways were long w/ several turns, relatively narrow w/ low ceilings - @ least w/ AKL's hallways you have generous windows looking out at the savannas and more than one set of elevators along the hallways.
I agree that the YC IMO is closest in ambience to the GF, it's serene (unlike the more boisterous BC,) and the grounds are lovely albeit not as extensive as the GF's.

If you like soaring, well-themed lobbies, consider WL or AKL. The lobbies are incredible, peaceful, and both have water features. The design detail is amazing - more interesting than GF IMHO. That being said, you do sacrifice proximity to parks and room size compared to GF unless you go the villa or deluxe room route (at WL).

I have to agree with everyone. You can’t really compare the other hotels to the GF. But as a recommendation, we also like the Lodge for its Beautiful lobby and it’s also very peaceful there. I would recommend for you to go on YouTube and look at other peoples videos for the other Deluxe hotels so you can get a feel of what the other resorts have to offer. Hopefully that can help you make a decision! Good luck deciding!

Grand Floridian is my top resort choice too. We purchased DVC a few years ago and couldn't afford many points at the Grand so we looked elsewhere and ended up purchasing at Boardwalk. There is entertainment on the Boardwalk each night, many restaurant choices, boats or walk to two parks, classy look and feel similar to the Grand but with a little more action. If you choose Boardwalk don't miss Ample Hills ice cream shop, it's excellent!!!

If you love GF, I think you will like the Yacht and AKL. My guess is that you won't like WL or Contemporary.

Poly is most like GF in layout but isn't going to save you any money
For a money saving choice alone, consider POFQ
I mean deluxe and mod are very different but in the ways it can FQ will possibly fit the bill

I agree with SharonZ that nothing is quite like the Grand, but I'd throw out the Beach Club as an alternative with excellent theming and some elegance in its bones. It smells good in the (albeit much smaller) lobby too.
I agree - Beach Club has a relaxed somewhat elegant vibe - also Yacht Club

I find the comments about GF being relaxed so intriguing
We find it the total opposite
We feel like it's so formal we can't relax. It's like you've been allowed in the otherwise off limits living room and can't put your feet on anything and have to sit in a stiff backed chair all the time, white wearing panty hose and high heels, lol
Anything but relaxing. It's lovely and my stay there was fine. Doubt we'll return though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter