Most Magical Disney Moment

I have told this story before but it is a sweet memory. We were at the Studios back when it was MGM and caught the characters caming out of a gate on the street where Toy Story Mania is now located. We stopped Cruella d’Ville and asked her to sign my 4 year olds autograph book. She took her by the hand and said first they had to strut. She had her fling her other hand out “with attitude” and they strutted together down the entire street (until Cruella got to her autograph spot).

Ours was in 2009 with DH, DS, and DD. We got patio seating at the Rose and Crown for dinner (arranged ahead of time) and we had the BEST seats for IllumiNations - the fireworks and light show. Truly magical.

I have quite a few but the two that come to mind first both involve Epcot:

On our first visit DS was 4. We weren't even aware that there was a parade at Epcot at the time and started hearing the narration and music from Tapestry of Nations. We had a perfect spot along the World Showcase right next to the street, the sun was setting and the lights were coming on, and all of the puppets reached down and touched or danced with DS. The music and atmosphere were just so beautiful and I watched the whole thing with tears in my eyes.

We were eating at Rose and Crown on the patio right before Illuminations. The waitress came and asked DS if he wanted to start the fireworks and he was so excited. I wasn't expecting much, I figured he would say some words or something and feel like he "started" them. She handed him a little wand with a light on the tip and told him that when she counted to three to point it at a spot across the lagoon. When she counted down, he waved the wand and lights flashed on from that exact spot and fireworks erupted around the lagoon. It was truly Disney magic and his face was a picture. Of course there were more mom tears.

Animal Kingdom. March 2013. For whatever reason AK had a 7am early opening that day for resort guests. This was the day after daylight saving time started and it was still totally dark at opening. We were riding Everest repeatedly and got to see an awesome sunrise over the horizon while riding.

Early 2008, still Year of a Million Dreams and there with a new love (a BIG love in my life as it'd turn out); he'd never been and was probably 34-35 at the time. We'd met up from different work trips the night before at the Dolphin, had a great meal, many drinks, I'd grabbed us breakfast and we'd bussed over to AK. He was not impressed with WDW transport already but really, he/we didn't even care. We got to EE and it was a walk on. We got off and got fastpasses for that park and every other park (lanyards with "tickets") as part of the celebration and he was like "holy crap, you are good at this" - we then went to Dawa Bar, got good and proper set for the day and had one of the best long weekends ever. That guy was all in for WDW every 6-8 weeks pretty much the entire time we were together after that.

Two, both when my kids were much younger.

Out in California Adventure, in a back part of the park was the Disney Visa meet and greet. Well, we were first, as I could not find anyone to tell me when it started. While we waited, Chip and Dale came from behind, and entertained my kids for a good 20 minutes before the handler realized another family was now waiting.

In O’Hana’s, for our last breakfast before leaving later at lunchtime, it was mid morning when MK had early entry. This was when lilo and stitch were the characters. It was raining, and there were very few tables occupied. So, after a routine pass, lilo and stitch saw that my kids were the only kids there. Next thing you know, they took pineapples to make pins, and a cantaloupe for a ball, and they and my kids went bowling for at least 20 minutes, but more like 30- 40. Even the waitstaff was laughing and enjoying the game.

June 2012 our first Disney ride as a family was Kilamanjaro Safari with giraffe-obsessed DD6 totally stunned by the giraffe traffic jam we encountered. Doesn't get any better :)

I've had so many! I guess that's why I love Disney so much. A few that come to mind...

Once for an AP photo meet and greet there weren't many people there so Mickey and Goofy hung out and played for quite a while with ODD (when she was little). We must have been there for at least half an hour before we left to hit some rides.

YDD was once selected to conduct the DL band at the Flag Retreat Ceremony (that kid is so lucky - I swear she gets picked for everything!)

On DCL we had an interaction with Belle when she was walking down a hall after visiting the kids club. She spent a long time with YDD talking about her library at the castle, etc. It was really nice of her to spend so much time when I'm sure she had things to do. Also on the cruise, one night YDD was over tired and cranky and only wanted to eat something offered at a different restaurant. Our waiter went and got it for her without us even asking or knowing about it until he served it.

We went by Jungle Cruise one time when they were closed but they had a couple CMs and photo-ops by the entrance. We hung out with them for a while acting goofy and having fun and the girls ended up getting Jungle Cruise maps.

First time I took the kids to Disneyland. Their faces said it all.

Second was my eldest being picked by Capt Jack Sparrow at WDW to do a duel. Then Sparrow asked my sons name (Jack) and almost forgot his lines lol, the crowd went a bit wild.

I'm sure I've told this one before but I took my dd for graduation. She cried the whole time because it was just so magical. I mean she cried at the open ceremony, she cried when she saw Peter Pan, she cried meeting the princesses...she cried everywhere!! But the best was when we were meeting Woody and Jesse. I told Woody that "Woody" was one of her first words. She got the BEST meet and greet from them. And the picture! You can't even see her face because its buried they were hugging so much :) It was perfect!!

We have many.
  • Our girls (~6 and 4yo) meeting Alice and the White Rabbit and being led by hand to ride the Tea Cups with them.
  • At DCA, the old Visa Meet and Greet (~2006) there was rarely a line and often we were the only people there, so our oldest DD who was 1yo at the time had the opportunity to chill out, play, roll around on the ground with Mickey, Chip, Dale, and Goofy. We did this daily for the week we were there, at least 10 minutes each day was spent just her and the characters.
  • 2004 DH and I were at WDW when Hurricane Jean rolled through. The MK closed early the night before, but we were some of the last guests to leave the park due to dinner at LTT. Walking through a darkening, deserted park was amazing.

I love these threads. Most of ours involve characters. We try to think of questions to ask and new ways to interact with them to make it fun. And DH is chatty and ends up talking to a lot of CMs which can be very interesting!

On our first trip we have a photo of Goofy hugging DD6 and her feet are off the ground. She was Goofy-obsessed for years after and he's still her favorite.

Once Goofy was bored at Characterpalooza in the Animation building because no one was around, so he made himself dizzy and then played the "What Character Are You" games with DDs. At Epcot Mulan had no one waiting so she and the girls worked on warrior moves. On our last trip older DD had drawn each of the characters she expected to meet in an autograph book and the characters and their handlers just went crazy over her artwork. Yet they still made sure to pay plenty of attention to younger DD when they weren't gushing over older DD.

And, the best day ever, started out with being Family of the Day at Magic Kingdom and opening the park. Then we went to meet Rapunzel and Flynn which was awesome. Older DD had drawn a Wanted poster of Flynn in her autograph book and Flynn appropriately responded, "They just can't get my nose right!" Then he did his own drawings in the book. We had a great rest of the day, including a couple anytime FP from being FOTD, and capped it off with consecutive rides on Big Thunder during Wishes and a walk on to Small World.

Second favourite:

Was in AK for my first WDW trip with DGF. Wes Palm showed up! For those of you who don't know, Wes Palm is a palm tree on wheels that speaks. A LOT.

I was fiming the whole thing and suddenly, from this little palm tree, comes "Well, if it isn't Mr. Spielberg! Well how are ya, Mr. Spielberg?!"

We could have died laughing.

Similarly, we ran into a talking trash can (I forget it's name, also AK). This poor little girl was prompted by family to pop some trash in it and ran away screaming when it went "Yum, thanks little girl!"

Our whole trip was amazing, but the one moment that stuck out was when my daughter somehow lost her autograph book. It was near the end of our trip so there was a lot of panic, especially since there was 6 days worth of Disney and 2 days worth of Universal character autographs!! My daughter ran out of MK in tears, desperately trying to find it, and I lost sight of her because she was able to get through the crowds quicker. A few minutes later I found her finally, and she was in tears, a security guard came over to see if everything was alright and so I explained what happened. He waves over a ... umm gate keeper? band checker? I'm not sure what they're called.... I believe her name was Margarita or something like that (I made note at the time). She looks at my daughter and asks what's the matter, so she sniffles and sobs that she's lost her autograph book. She lifts my daughter's chin up and says its ok Michelle, I kept it safe for you :) She pulls the book out and gives it to her. Hot diggity dog that made her and my night. The next thing I did was go straight to customer relations and praise her for finding it and keeping it safe!! Then that night I also sent an email to WDW making sure the praise was received higher up too.

To think, a vacation could have been forever scarred by the loss of an autograph book. But, equally the vacation was saved by finding that same autograph book!!

Disney magic! Gotta love it!

This was a long time ago...2005 I think. My husband and I went to the Halloween Party with my sister and her children. My niece was four at the time, and fell asleep long before the parade and fireworks, so we decided to just let her sleep in her stroller while we all went up to the platform at the train station on Main Street to wait for the festivities. It was a while before the show and we were the only people up there. Suddenly someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around, and it was Goofy! Just Goofy. No handler in sight (I am sure they were there somewhere). Goofy ended up staying and hanging out for a while. It was a Sunday in football season, so he teased my husband for his Patriots jersey (through his sign language we learned that Goofy was a Dolphins fan). He played catch football with my six year old nephew with a mini football, and horsed around with my sleeping niece's pigtails. At one point he sat down and put his feet up and put his hands behind his head, indicating he was going to stay and watch the parade with us. It was really funny, and my niece slept through the whole thing! Goofy did leave before the parade started. It was such an unusual and cool experience.

Fun thread!

On DCL we had an interaction with Belle when she was walking down a hall after visiting the kids club. She spent a long time with YDD talking about her library at the castle, etc. It was really nice of her to spend so much time when I'm sure she had things to do. Also on the cruise, one night YDD was over tired and cranky and only wanted to eat something offered at a different restaurant. Our waiter went and got it for her without us even asking or knowing about it until he served it.

Awwww. we were on DCL's first transatlantic back in 2007. DS was 8 and super picky. He had ordered past with butter and a pear every night. About one week in the waiter couldn'T tak eit anymore and asked DS what other foods he liked, it didn't matter if it was on the menu. Next thing we knew DS had a grilled cheese sandwhich

My other two favourite memories:

we happened to stumble onto the soft opening of Alladin's Magic Carpets (long before I knew that term). we were literally on the first "open to the public" ride on it and there were a while bunch of Imagineers who'd worked on it there watching reactions. my kids were so excited to meet them and get autographs. One women who was on the art team chatted with my oldest for quite a while and then wrote the nicest note in their autograph book.

We were at Animal Kingdom back when Festival of the Lion Kng was semi open air (but covered). A major lightening storm rolled in, knocked out power and they cancelled the show right after it started (back up power came on, but they cannot run on back up for safety reasons). Lightening struck the park several times over the next hour. We were told to stay for our safety. I had bought little Lincoln Log set for the kids after lunch at Wilderness Lodge so they vtook that down to the center and laid around and played with it with about a dozen other kids--and everyone was getting along and sharing that tiny set so nicely. And then they brought the cast out for a meet and great to keep people entertained and from chancing leaving. It was awesome to talk to that cast and get some fabulous photos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter