Most missed Platinum perk?

Magical_Suitcase

aka: kid-at-heart
What I missed the most and the main reason we strived to reach platinum - being able to arrive at port when we wished without a PAT (port arrival time). At least DCL should roll out the ability to choose PAT according to Castaway level instead of having everyone jumping online at the same time trying to schedule their PAT.

What is your most missed perk, any Castaway level?

What I missed the most and the main reason we strived to reach platinum - being able to arrive at port when we wished without a PAT (port arrival time). At least DCL should roll out the ability to choose PAT according to Castaway level instead of having everyone jumping online at the same time trying to schedule their PAT.

What is your most missed perk, any Castaway level?

I agree.

I hope Disney brings it back even if it’s just a couple of days apart.

Totally agree with you both!

I miss the Gold/Platinum meets on all cruises. You got a character interaction, learned some plans and got a Rice Krispies treat. That’s probably the perk I miss most.

The Early boarding was also very nice. That’s the perk DH misses the most.

We still do enjoy the Palo Dinner.

Miss both the ability to not have to book a PAT and the reception. But on our upcoming Wish cruise what I mostly miss is being able to book a Palo brunch. At midnight on platinum check in day there was no availability, and there never has been. At first it did say to call and check and what I was told was there were too many concierge guests and Palo had no availability for anyone else because of that. I don’t know if it’s true because I was talking to someone shoreside rather than on the ship, but considering the number of concierge rooms I would not be surprised. I know we can go lineup at Luna and see if one is available, but probably won’t because it doesn’t seem worth the hassle.

Well they now only gave a us a choice of wine or fruit basket no more truffles This trip on the Wish. We are not big wine drinkers and I can get fruit else where.

At least we still get 10% off at the stores. We don’t have any other perk so it was nice.

Well they now only gave a us a choice of wine or fruit basket no more truffles This trip on the Wish. We are not big wine drinkers and I can get fruit else where.

At least we still get 10% off at the stores. We don’t have any other perk so it was nice.
I have been able to get a non alcoholic bubbly juice. I wonder if that’s available.

I’m glad to hear that you at least get a choice of some thing. On our Wonder cruise this summer there was nothing. No wine, no fruit, no chocolates.

Miss both the ability to not have to book a PAT and the reception. But on our upcoming Wish cruise what I mostly miss is being able to book a Palo brunch. At midnight on platinum check in day there was no availability, and there never has been. At first it did say to call and check and what I was told was there were too many concierge guests and Palo had no availability for anyone else because of that. I don’t know if it’s true because I was talking to someone shoreside rather than on the ship, but considering the number of concierge rooms I would not be surprised. I know we can go lineup at Luna and see if one is available, but probably won’t because it doesn’t seem worth the hassle.
I managed to get Palo brunch at Platinum check in day but I’m a party of 3. It seems to be parties of 2 that are having the issue.

I’m glad to hear that you at least get a choice of some thing. On our Wonder cruise this summer there was nothing. No wine, no fruit, no chocolates.
They leave a message on the phone we almost missed it.

Definitely miss not having to book a PAT time. Having to get on the computer at midnight just to try and secure an early PAT time and then having issues with the entire online check in process before securing the PAT time is ridiculous. The fact that other than for these Disboards, DCL does not have a detailed check list of what is needed prior to actually logging on for online checkin is just shameful.

As for PALO's I was able to secure a brunch time when I logged on at midnight for 2. Just got lucky with that I guess. Probably going to cancel PALO's anyway as it is not the same without the buffet for us and not sure we want to get dressed up for brunch for a couple of hours in the morning especially on the new ship where we would rather be enjoying/exploring the ship.

I think when PALO's is unavailable for platinum members because of concierge guests than Disney has gone too far because this also means that the majority of the guests (not concierge or platinum) basically have no shot of getting a reservation for PALO's brunch or dinner. I think that maybe some percentage of reservations should be held back to allow others to secure PALO reservations and also maybe there should be a concierge level dining experience in addition to the other specialty restaurants to take the pressure off of PALO. Having concierge level guests should not mean locking other guests out from taking full advantage of what the cruise offers.

Definitely miss not having to book a PAT time. Having to get on the computer at midnight just to try and secure an early PAT time and then having issues with the entire online check in process before securing the PAT time is ridiculous. The fact that other than for these Disboards, DCL does not have a detailed check list of what is needed prior to actually logging on for online checkin is just shameful.

As for PALO's I was able to secure a brunch time when I logged on at midnight for 2. Just got lucky with that I guess. Probably going to cancel PALO's anyway as it is not the same without the buffet for us and not sure we want to get dressed up for brunch for a couple of hours in the morning especially on the new ship where we would rather be enjoying/exploring the ship.

I think when PALO's is unavailable for platinum members because of concierge guests than Disney has gone too far because this also means that the majority of the guests (not concierge or platinum) basically have no shot of getting a reservation for PALO's brunch or dinner. I think that maybe some percentage of reservations should be held back to allow others to secure PALO reservations and also maybe there should be a concierge level dining experience in addition to the other specialty restaurants to take the pressure off of PALO. Having concierge level guests should not mean locking other guests out from taking full advantage of what the cruise offers.
This is exactly the same for us. And I love your idea:

"I think that maybe some percentage of reservations should be held back to allow others to secure PALO reservations and also maybe there should be a concierge level dining experience in addition to the other specialty restaurants to take the pressure off of PALO. Having concierge level guests should not mean locking other guests out from taking full advantage of what the cruise offers."

This is so needed. We are about to become Platinum members.. and I am not as excited or motivated.

This is exactly the same for us. And I love your idea:

"I think that maybe some percentage of reservations should be held back to allow others to secure PALO reservations and also maybe there should be a concierge level dining experience in addition to the other specialty restaurants to take the pressure off of PALO. Having concierge level guests should not mean locking other guests out from taking full advantage of what the cruise offers."

This is so needed. We are about to become Platinum members.. and I am not as excited or motivated.
I have no issue with concierge benefits, but as Palo is a benefit offered to platinum guests it should be available to platinum guests. We were not able to book brunch or dinner. Perhaps platinum should just get an OBC instead of a defined location.

It is really a bummer that they took away so many perks. It takes a long time to make Platinum when we only cruise every couple of years. We finally made Platinum and then COVID hit, so have not been able to cruise as Platinum yet. For me, it was the not having to have a port arrival time and dh is just about the black lanyard! Hoping they at least still have those! I am not that jazzed to even cruise anymore because it seems service and perks have gone down, I keep telling my dh if he wants a black lanyard so bad, I will check etsy! LOL
And I agree with dcasseta, if they can't even give us a Palo meal, then give us onboard credit. I know that sounds snarky and petty to even worry about these things, but after spending so much money and giving loyalty to DCL, it would be nice to have some reciprocated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter