Most Quiet and Most Loud

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
I'm sure this really varies depending upon room location and whatnot. But just based on wall thinness and general atmosphere, etc.....

Which DVC resorts would you say are the loudest and which are most quiet?

Or are there specific sections of a resort you would say are super quiet?

From my experience, loudest is Polynesian. The walls are paper thin (as in I could hear conversations in the room next to me) and if your room faces the lagoon you can hear the horn from the boat. Also the resort in general is pretty crowded with people visiting. The main pool looks like people soup the majority of the time lol

I've found Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs to be fairly quiet but YMMV.

"People soup".... :laughing:

Yeah, I've heard not-so-great things about the noise at Poly so I pretty much dropped it off my list of places I want to stay at.

I want the most quiet while also having decent transportation to the parks. But I feel like I'll definitely need to make a concession on one of those things.

I have stayed at every WDW DVC property and by far the two loudest in my experience are the Poly and the GF.

For me, SSR has been the quietest. OKW is hit or miss depending on how close to a bus stop or road your room is.

I have stayed at every WDW DVC property and by far the two loudest in my experience are the Poly and the GF.

For me, SSR has been the quietest. OKW is hit or miss depending on how close to a bus stop or road your room is.

Did you have a car at SSR or use the buses? I'm wondering how long bus waits and drives are to the parks. We are not rope droppers nor do we close out the parks at night, if that makes a difference.

Did you have a car at SSR or use the buses? I'm wondering how long bus waits and drives are to the parks.
We stayed at SSR this past January. We had a car but didn’t use it. The buses came at very regular intervals. I don’t really like walking from the parking lots into the theme parks, so I’ll happily wait 5-10 min for a bus. We never waited longer than that.

We stayed at SSR this past January. We had a car but didn’t use it. The buses came at very regular intervals. I don’t really like walking from the parking lots into the theme parks, so I’ll happily wait 5-10 min for a bus. We never waited longer than that.

Nice! Were the buses ever packed to where you needed to stand?
Are there multiple stops?

We have had loud neighbors above us a few times at OKW. For this reason we request the highest floor when staying there.

Never any noise complaints at BLT, VGF or Kidani.

We have had loud neighbors above us a few times at OKW. For this reason we request the highest floor when staying there.

Never any noise complaints at BLT, VGF or Kidani.

I wondered about pool noise, especially in lower rooms, at BLT.

Does OKW have elevators?

I will say the Electrical Water Parade was super load at WL but that may have changed since I was last there.

I will say the Electrical Water Parade was super load at WL but that may have changed since I was last there.

I assume that's pretty short, right? I guess I don't really know what it is or how often is runs....so...off to Google I go!

I have sensory processing disorder and misophonia so I am super sensitive to various noises. At the Grand Californian, I could hear WOC (at least, I think that's what I was hearing) but it didn't last long so I was able to tolerate it, thankfully.

Nice! Were the buses ever packed to where you needed to stand?
Are there multiple stops?
It’s not ideal if you have small kids, big strollers, or scooters, and are doing a lot of midday breaks, but for adults seeking a quiet stay, it’s a great spot. We like the Paddock area best.

I'm sure this really varies depending upon room location and whatnot. But just based on wall thinness and general atmosphere, etc.....

Which DVC resorts would you say are the loudest and which are most quiet?

Or are there specific sections of a resort you would say are super quiet?
In this order I would say in our stays, would be
3) SSR. Very relaxing
2) OKW Spread out & only a few other guest at each section
1) AKV I'd say by far. Such a tranquil experience when staying here.

It’s not ideal if you have small kids, big strollers, or scooters, and are doing a lot of midday breaks, but for adults seeking a quiet stay, it’s a great spot. We like the Paddock area best.
And to piggy back, as much as I do love the springs area, that would be the loudest IMHO.... Carousel definitely being the quietest...But the most boring section, If I can say that.... :confused3

SSR - was pretty quiet. No noise through the walls
BWV - we were poolside and that noise carried. Didn’t hear anything through the walls though
AKV - Kidani, I found to be very quiet. We had pretty loud neighbors on the balcony next door, but I didn’t hear a thing when we were inside with the door closed

I agree with this. That thing is super loud. If I had just gotten kids to sleep, I would not have been happy because I can't imagine sleeping through this.

I have sensory processing disorder and misophonia so I am super sensitive to various noises. At the Grand Californian, I could hear WOC (at least, I think that's what I was hearing) but it didn't last long so I was able to tolerate it, thankfully.

You will want to avoid the rooms near the elevators at BCV. You hear weird whirring noises. I couldn't stand it. After 10 minutes I went down to the front desk and begged to be switched to another room.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor1.php

I assume that's pretty short, right? I guess I don't really know what it is or how often is runs....so...off to Google I go!

It runs every night and travels to all of the Bay Lake resorts. It arrives at WL around 9:30 PM (though time is subject to change). It's very short (less than 10 minutes). You can definitely hear it inside your room, though it's not what I would call intrusive. We adore it. It's old school Disney - cheesy in the best way :goodvibes . Here's a video. It's not shot from the Wilderness Lodge, but you'll get the idea of what it's like:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter