• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most romantic hotel

perpetualplanner

DIS Veteran
For our 11th anniversary DH surprised me by saying that I could have a little money to spend for a short trip just the two of us. Since last trip we bought AP's and they've been calling me you all know where we're going. The thing is we've never gone on our own so I've never looked at things for just 2. We've stayed at the Wilderness, and the Poly and liked both but I know he'd like to try someplace new. He's always like the GF but I've heard so many bad things lately it worries me. Where would you guys go for a ROMANTIC time?? It doesn't matter what park we're near we'll be taking it slow and dreamy!!! Oh this would probably be in Oct. the soonest he could get away from work.

I think you'd have a wonderful time in a 1-bedroom villa at a DVC resort. The bedroom has a king bed and there is a jacuzzi tub. You have a full kitchen (not that you'd cook) and a balcony. There's so much space to just stretch out and relax and all the DVC resorts are beautiful.

My wife and I love the atmosphere and grounds of the Yacht and Beach club. Its so peaceful to walk around the lake at nite. You can walk all the way around to the Boardwalk. You can see Illuminations from the bridge near the hotel. You can rent a surrey and pedal your way around. There are ducks to feed. And Beaches and Cream is one of our favorite casual sit-downs.

Mind you, we've never actually stayed there so I can't comment on the rooms. We're off-site fans. But we love to spend some time at Y and B club, even with our daughter but especially when we've gone without her.

Steve

As a DVC member and someone with no children who is always taking romantic WDW trips with her husband, I've got to say that the 1-bedroom DVC vacation homes are awesome! They're nice and roomy and the jacuzzi tub for two is great for romantic evenings. The big king beds are very comfortable. There are two TVs -- one in the living room and one in the bedroom -- so if you want to relax you can each have your own TV!

And because the tub is separate from the shower in the one-bedrooms, we find we're up and out in the mornings (when we want to be that is ;)) much quicker because I take a bath instead of a shower when we're down there.

While Old Key West is our home resort and we love it, I think the other three DVCs have a more romantic ambience and better locations. But Old Key West has a wonderful homey feel -- and Olivia's has fantastic food as well! And you can also take a romantic evening boat ride to the marketplace from OKW -- something we enjoy very much!

Happy planning!

Most romantic...hmmm...

By far a concierge lagoon view room at the Polynesian, followed very closely by a suite at the AKL, followed closely by the BWI concierge (very few kids).

The DVC 1BR's are also very nice--spacious and roomy, but not so romantic IMHO.

Anne

Courtyard view at the BWI. Beautiful and romantic. It seems there are fewer children at this resort than any other deluxe resort.

Concierge lagoon view sounds perfect!

Kids can be a problem at the Poly, but in October, hopefully there won't be quite so many... if that's an issue for you, try the BWI; the kids should all be next door at the BWV or the Y&B!

By the way, when you make your ressies, be sure to tell them you'll be celebrating your anniversary. Can't promise anything, but sometimes magic happens!

Well I'm leaning towards the BWI since it seems to have a good following. I'd agree the Poly is really romantic but our last trip in May was Poly concierge so I want to try something else. Maybe one of the garden suites - do these ever get an AP discount??

Originally posted by perpetualplanner
Well I'm leaning towards the BWI since it seems to have a good following. I'd agree the Poly is really romantic but our last trip in May was Poly concierge so I want to try something else. Maybe one of the garden suites - do these ever get an AP discount??

The garden suites are lovely! Every once in a great while they are available at a discount. You get concierge service with them as well, although it's a bit of a hike to the concierge lounge from there. But they are close to the quiet pool :)

There's two different styles, the larger ones (1205 and 1207) have a blacony on the second floor. The smaller ones don't.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter