Most scenic restaurants

Boo Mc

Never thought I'd be a Disney geek!
We leave on Saturday :cool1: and I was wondering what are the most scenic or interesting restaurants at DL and DCA? Our kids are 6 and 8 and we'll be in the parks for 3 days. I have one PS at Blue Bayou and we're not really interested in character meals. I like the idea of sitting by the water or somewhere that you can see a ride (like BB). So, any ideas? Thanks!! :earsboy:

For counter service we enjoy Rancho del Zoccalo. This is located in Frontierland right near Big Thunder Mountain. Some of the tables have a great view of the train as it comes into its final stage. Also, Rainforest Cafe has a really fun atmosphere but that is in DTD. Cap'n Mickey's/Ariel's Grotto (its referred to both ways I believe) is a character meal but if you sit outside you have a wonderful view of Paradise Pier. We love to sit outside at night when its dark and admire the beauiful lights. Carnation Cafe is right on Main Street so you can observe all the hustle and bustle. It doesn't work during parades however since there will be so many people standing on the sidewalk your view will be blocked. Coke Corner frequently has a piano player my kids enjoy listening to while they have a hot dog and the Golden Horseshoe has a fun comedy/musical act during the day called Bill Hill and the Hillbillies. You can eat and enjoy a really fun show. Your park map will give you the showtimes. The Vineyard room in DCA has outdoor tables and I believe you can see the Electrical Parade from there, maybe somebody else can help with that one. We have not eaten there but I have heard good things about it. The only ones that I mentioned that are sit down with a ps required are Cap'n Mickey's The Vineyard Room and Rainforest Cafe. I am not sure if Carnation Cafe takes reservations or not. The rest are counter service with a little bit of atmosphere!

Here is my secret dining tip. Book a ps for Wine Country Trattoria (in DCA) about 30 minutes before the Electric Parade is scheduled to begin. If eating dinner that late won't work, just go for dessert or a glass of wine. Wait to be seated in the outdoor patio overlooking the walkway. You will have a premium view of the parade for the cost of dessert.

I love River Belle Terrace on the border of Frontierland and NOS, right down river is the French Market, with almost as good a view, but often the added benefit of live jazz. Honestly we almost never do sit down restaurants at DL because the counter service places are so scenic (of course you need to eat outside to get the great ambience.)

Tink33 said:
Here is my secret dining tip. Book a ps for Wine Country Trattoria (in DCA) about 30 minutes before the Electric Parade is scheduled to begin. If eating dinner that late won't work, just go for dessert or a glass of wine. Wait to be seated in the outdoor patio overlooking the walkway. You will have a premium view of the parade for the cost of dessert.

This is the best tip! We enjoyed the Tiramisu and ice cream while enjoying a quiet and wonderful view of the parade. We actually were there for the dessert and then realized we wouldn't be able to leave due to the parade :rotfl: !

Can you get just as a good a view but higher from the Vineyard room. Was told by a CM would have to stand up to see over a wall at Wine Country-not sure if case. Thanks for help.

Amy&Dan said:
For counter service we enjoy Rancho del Zoccalo. This is located in Frontierland right near Big Thunder Mountain. Some of the tables have a great view of the train as it comes into its final stage.

Another tip about Rancho del Zocalo (home our our past three Thanksgiving dinners!) is that they are the only place in DL that I know of where you can get free drink refills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter