• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most surprising attraction?

The new Star Tours. I adored the old version and worried that this redo would be lame but it definitely isn't. It's fabulous!

The trails in AK particularly the Maharajah Jungle Trek. I was surprised at how much we enjoyed exploring these areas.

My two surprises were Mickey's Philharmagic and Winnie The Pooh. I assumed Mickey's was some long drawn-out show and never gave it a moment's notice. Now we are in love with it. And, I actually didn't really know Pooh was there for a few years. After we rode it for the time we all thought it was adorable. Now we do it at least twice each time we go.

Surprisingly, Tower of Terror. The reason being I honestly thought it would freak me out, but it turned out that I ended up loving it and doesn't bother me at all.

PhilarMagic. It's probably my favorite attraction at Disney.
AND
Winnie the Pooh- we rode this for our son this past time, and we had never even noticed it before. It's really cool! Though I wish it could be longer.

The gf says Dinousaur as she thought it be rubbish when she went on it 1st time

Myself Jungle Cruise i enjoyed the silly jokes

Captain EO, definitely, but also
Mickey's Philarmagic
Monster's Inc.
Living with the Land
Maelstrom

Definitely Ellen's Energy Adventure, I really liked that, and Living with the Land. I didn't think I would like those as much as I do.

Captain EO but mostly because my DS8 is so into dancing.

Also The Great Movie Ride. I had no idea there was an Indiana Jones scene. Ds8 is also a huge fan if Indy.

For us it is Living With The Land.:thumbsup2. Also not an attraction but the monorail EPCOT loop during the day and at night.:thumbsup2

For me it was Toy Story. I do not play video games but the ride was a blast. I tried to beat my husband but he was too good. I loved it. Cannot wait to ride on it again this December.

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor hands down! My wife and I both went on this as a way to get out of the rain. Now it is an absolute must-do... we love it!

Carousal of Progress. We finally did it and even all the kids loved it. They sing the song at dinner...

Surprised more people haven't mentioned this. I guess I assume that all the rides/movies would be good quality to see, so I wasn't really surprised by Laugh Floor and PhilHarmagic, for instance.

I was surprised by how neat and nostalgic the CoP makes me feel. Chilling food via real ice in the "icebox", having electrical wires running everywhere in plain sight, and having one person's circuit breaker affect the whole neighborhood are things of the not too distant past, yet inconceivable today. Our kids also really enjoy it, which may be an even bigger surprise.

Surprised more people haven't mentioned this. I guess I assume that all the rides/movies would be good quality to see, so I wasn't really surprised by Laugh Floor and PhilHarmagic, for instance.

I was surprised by how neat and nostalgic the CoP makes me feel. Chilling food via real ice in the "icebox", having electrical wires running everywhere in plain sight, and having one person's circuit breaker affect the whole neighborhood are things of the not too distant past, yet inconceivable today. Our kids also really enjoy it, which may be an even bigger surprise.

Its on my list but not as a "most surprising attraction" but as a must do.

I was born at the start of the 60's so to me the 40's room was only 20 years prior so I remember relatives and I think even my own home still having some of those exact appliances.

Also this attraction, with others like HM, PotC or even Ellen's UoE, look back at how attractions were back in the day.

(warning cliche approaching)

When Walt was still around.

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor- decided to give it a try when we were in Tomorrowland and it started raining. Didn't know what to expect or if it was going to be funny to adults but we ended up LOVING it!

TTA- Did it just to kill some time and ended up going on it again later in our trip! I honestly thought it just took you around the outside of Tomorrowland, had no idea you went indoors :rotfl2:

Living with the Land- Much more interesting and cooler than I expected!

Hoop De Doo, I took my then 7 YO son with low expectations and we had such a great time. My favorite picture from that trip was him laughing during this show, it is my screensaver on my phone!

Living with the Land - The first time we gave that a try, my son was 9 and he was so into thrill rides that I was surprised by how much he loved it. I did, too, and we never miss riding it at least once every time we're there.

Ellen's Energy Adventure - We really hadn't paid any attention to it until a couple of years ago. We were at EPCOT on a day that became surprisingly crowded and busy. We were waiting to use a FastPass for Test Track and noticed that the wait for Ellen was only 10 minutes so decided to give it a try. Lots of fun!

People Mover - Had no idea what a treat that was until we gave it a try about the fourth time we went to WDW. Now it's always a must-do at least a couple of times when we're there.

Thinking about this makes me want to start planning our next trip! :goodvibes

Living with the Land was a surprising favorite for me when I was little. I still enjoy it today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter