Mostly Forgotten Disney Movies

(Posted from an independent thread in this same forum. )

I found a wonderful movie Disney made in 1981 called Amy and it's about a woman who teaches at a school for deaf and blind children and I would like to know you remember it? It stars Jenny Agutter as Amy and seems to be one of Disney's least talked about movies. From what I saw of it Amy is a really charming movie and the title song is so cool. Was Amy not well recieved in theaters when it debuted in 1981? Because I didn't know about this movie until I saw it on Disney+
1663160732042.png

I found a good one on Disney+.
Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made.
It was made or released in 2020, so it is not a Forgotten movie in the sense of this the thread title. But I thought others had maybe not found it yet, or might not run across it, and want to recommend it. It is very good.
1664050170836.png

I found a good one on Disney+.
Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made.
It was made or released in 2020, so it is not a Forgotten movie in the sense of this the thread title. But I thought others had maybe not found it yet, or might not run across it, and want to recommend it. It is very good.
View attachment 704749
I caught that one …I thought it was very good also!

I am really looking forward to Hocus Pocus 2. I know it is not forgotten. Just wanted to share anticipation.

You know, for a while after it came out, Hocus Pocus wasn't really big and was kind of forgotten. It was only a few years ago that it became a "thing" and somehow now has a huge cult following.

You know, for a while after it came out, Hocus Pocus wasn't really big and was kind of forgotten. It was only a few years ago that it became a "thing" and somehow now has a huge cult following.
Yes, the acting of the kids is pretty poor, and everything without the witches is boring and annoying if you are older than 9. But the witches are so good. It is still quite boring for me to sit through the parts without the witches. But I do love the divine Miss M, and Kathy Najimy's performance.
It really is a pretty bad movie for a Disney movie. But I am looking forward to Hocus Pocus 2, expecting it to be much better. Now that it has cult following, again, the witches being the only good part if you are over 9, I expect they spend more time and care creating this sequel. I hope so!

Last edited:
Yes, the acting of the kids is pretty poor, and everything without the witches is boring and annoying if you are older than 9. But the witches are so good. It is still quite boring for me to sit through the parts without the witches. But I do love the divine Miss M, and Kathy Najimy's performance.
It really is a pretty bad movie for a Disney movie. But I am looking forward to Hocus Pocus 2, expecting it to be much better. Now that it has cult following, again, the witches being the only good part if you are over 9, I expect they spend more time and care creating this sequel. I hope so!

Well, I do enjoy it and certainly don't think it's "bad" - it's just interesting that for a long time it wasn't a blip on the radar, then suddenly it was super-popular.

Millennial nostalgia brought it back. I remember watching it a bunch on VHS when I was a kid.

I have just finished watching Miracle at midnight, grey movie!

It's about the escape of the Danish Jews to Sweden.

Highly recommended

The bright side of COVID-19 lockdowns was I discovered so many good old lesser-known Disney movies.

Happiest Millionaire and One and Only Genuine Family Band have fun, catchy songs like other Sherman Brothers movies.

Johnny Tremain and Ben and Me are now yearly July 4th classic movies.

In addition to the well-known Davy Crockett movies, I enjoyed some lesser-known Fess Parker movies such as Great Locomotive Chase, Westward Ho, and The Light in the Forest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter