• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mother Daughter Duos

My daughter and I are going in October to celebrate her Sweet 16 (Aug 20). It's the first school break that we can go! Doing MNSSHP too! Can't wait!

My daughter (24) and I go together at least once a year just the two of us. Fall is our favorite time of year. We like to hit a combo of mnsshp and f&w just the two of us. The past few years it's been what's she's asked for as her birthday present (her bday is 9/11 so she doesn't always want to celebrate on that exact day so a wdw trip is always alot of fun) and yes we both always dress up for mnsshp...when else can you REALLY feel like a kid at wdw. Nothing like being able to still play dress up to really get in the pixie dust frame of mind.

I'm excited to report that my mom (51) and I (27) are tentatively planning a F&WF trip in October '14. We are also hoping to include my aunt (50) who we are both VERY close to. I look forward to an extended girls weekend!!!

I always look forward to my trips with my Mom to WDW! We'e started a tradition of doing it once a year (normally Thanksgiving since it is just us). Can't wait to take her this year! 4 nights @ POP w/DxDP! Even made a ADR for tea at GF, which is her favorite thing in the world.

Mommy (ha ha) (age 61) and I (32 - how did that happen, I feel jowls are forming already) are heading down in November! This will be our first ever vacation together! So excited! Also glad to know how tight some mothers and daughters are out there. Completely disappointment that my older sister is unable to make it, but still should be a BLAST!

My dd(25) and I have taken 5 trips to WDW together. We always have lunch at the Biergarten in Germany. She has a minor in German so I insist that she and the cast members converse only in German and she has to translate for me. I look at it as getting my money's worth for the college degree.:rotfl2:
She is getting married in 11 days :faint: but she has said that we will continue our trips.
I went last week with DH, who hadn't been in 20 years and it just felt odd.;)

My mom (56) and I (31) definitely prefer girls only trips. We're headed down with my dad and brother from 11/14 to 11/17 and we're completely looking past it to our trip in January. (But, of course, that could be more about my first ever half marathon...) It's nice to not have feel like we need to entertain anyone!

My DD (20) and myself (39) are heading to WDW in a week for 9 days of momma/daughter fun time! We are Disney diehards! This will be our 10th visit. Sometimes we go as a family with DH (31) and DS (13) but sometimes we go just the two of us and do Disney the way we love to without having to slow down for the boys;) This will be our first time staying on Disney property, having a dining plan and doing MNSSHP!!! We are so excited!! I was a single mom for a long time and when times got tough or life got complicated I would book time off work, pack up the kids and head to Disney. This was kind of an unplanned trip. I got a pin code for free dining, talked it over with DD and DH and decided that DD and I would go alone. DH cant get time off work right now and DS is in his first year of high school and it would be hard for him to catch up a weeks work. I had my daughter when I was very young but she was my life. I went through University with a baby on my hip and we are very very close. Our first trip was when DS was 4 and DD was 11. We have been every year since then. I got married 3 years ago and we took DH for his first visit last July and spent 2 weeks in a condo with lots of rest days in between park days and we had a blast! He really enjoyed it. DS & my sister came too. It was an excellent family trip! But this will be special for DD & I. We lost my mom very unexpectedly 2 years ago on Oct 30. Halloween has always been our fave time of year but we haven't celebrated it since mom died. We are doing MNSSHP on Oct 31 and it will be our first time celebrating Halloween. I know mom would be very happy for us. 7 more days to wait!! :cool1:

My DD (20) and myself (39) are heading to WDW in a week for 9 days of momma/daughter fun time! We are Disney diehards! This will be our 10th visit. Sometimes we go as a family with DH (31) and DS (13) but sometimes we go just the two of us and do Disney the way we love to without having to slow down for the boys;) This will be our first time staying on Disney property, having a dining plan and doing MNSSHP!!! We are so excited!! I was a single mom for a long time and when times got tough or life got complicated I would book time off work, pack up the kids and head to Disney. This was kind of an unplanned trip. I got a pin code for free dining, talked it over with DD and DH and decided that DD and I would go alone. DH cant get time off work right now and DS is in his first year of high school and it would be hard for him to catch up a weeks work. I had my daughter when I was very young but she was my life. I went through University with a baby on my hip and we are very very close. Our first trip was when DS was 4 and DD was 11. We have been every year since then. I got married 3 years ago and we took DH for his first visit last July and spent 2 weeks in a condo with lots of rest days in between park days and we had a blast! He really enjoyed it. DS & my sister came too. It was an excellent family trip! But this will be special for DD & I. We lost my mom very unexpectedly 2 years ago on Oct 30. Halloween has always been our fave time of year but we haven't celebrated it since mom died. We are doing MNSSHP on Oct 31 and it will be our first time celebrating Halloween. I know mom would be very happy for us. 7 more days to wait!! :cool1:

Have a great time!!!! I just returned from a mom/daughter trip with my DD16. It was fantastic!!! Something I hope she remembers forever! I'm secretly planning another trip for August 2014, lol!

25 days until our mother daughter trip and I'm so excited! We got our magic bands in the mail the other day and managed to get a Be Our Guest reservation. :)

Hi...

This is my first post so excuse any mistakes. I'm taking mom (84) to POR for a little Christmas magic. We lost dad suddenly in February & I couldn't think of anything more special than Disney to help get her through this first holiday season. Fingers crossed that everything goes well...

Jane (44):santa:

My mom (70-ish) and I (40's) are going on our first Disney Cruise together without our husbands. I'm looking forward to it.

We're going in October 1 then the back to back cruise on October 6.

Yes! Although we've never had just a mother/daughter trip, both my older sister and my Dad can only do a few hours in the park at a time, and aren't too much into thrill rides. However my Mom(50) and I(20) have ran all around DW and DL multiple times!

One of my best DM/DD experiences was around 6 years ago when we spent 6 days at DW. We both did Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach, and that was back when EMH went until 3 am, so we spent a 15 hour day at MK! I was so impressed with how well my Mom was able to keep up with me, even though I suggested going back to the room multiple times she said she wanted to make the most of our trip!

The best part about that trip was within the 6 days, my mom and I rode Tower of Terror 53 times. I had pink hair back then (rebellious phase I guess. At Disney World. Rock on?) so after the first few times we started getting recognized by CMs. The CMs would joke about how our hotel bill would be very expensive, let us re use fastpasses once in a while, (CM ripping passes looked at us and said: "Even if I take these you're just gonna get back on again, aren't you?) and gave us a couple of rider swap passes.

Another time, there was a Bellhop waiting at the end of our ride, told us to follow him, rode up with us in the rider swap elevator and gave us a Magical Memories certificate and let us get right back on the ride! I made friends with one particular CM (Kimlee was her name I think) and she gave my mother and I a tour of the lobby, the video surveillance room, and we rode in a private elevator with her giving us a history and fun facts about the ride! I wouldn't have gotten this experience if I hadn't ridden the ride so many times, and I know nobody but my dear old Mom would have done that with me, and I wouldn't have picked anybody else to do it with! (Except for maybe Johnny Depp...mmm... ;) )

My daughter and I are celebrating her 40th birthday by coming to WDW for the first time. :wizard: We have so many questions, but have plenty of time to plan. :surfweb: We want to make this special! :cheer2:

While my mom and I haven't gone "alone" we both enjoy our wdw vacations together. Our next trip is in feb she wanted to just take me but I can't leave ds6 home with 3 17 yr olds and hubby works shift work. We are also taking one of my 17yr olds this time so mom and I have planned some mom daughter time at our resort POR to go see Yee Haw Bob and have just a little time just the two of us.

I loooove this thread! I'm 27, and my mama and I have taken so many trips together since I was pretty much born.

The two of us are doing New Year's Eve there, then back again the end of January. :good vibes

We have taken all types of Disney trips....
All 5 of us as a family, my DH and I on adult trips, I have taken 2 solo trips, I have taken the 3 kids myself, and taken different combinations of the kids depending on their commitments. Happy my husband understands my Disney passion. If something comes up that alters the trip for one of the kids he always runs with them then joins us so I can get my max Mickey time.

But for the last few years my oldest DD and I have been able to make the trip alone. My middle DD and youngest DS go to hockey camp every summer and my husband drives them and spends the week in MN. He enjoys the scenery there and the atmosphere. So that week the two of us go to Disney.

Well, last summer we had to cancel due to my mother being seriously ill. We are now going in March to celebrate her turning 21. We are both so excited to see the Flower and Garden exhibits together, go to Jellyrolls, and experience all the new things we can!! Only thing is my DD17 is saying she is going to hide in our bags so she can go too. She is the biggest Disney fan and I often find her reading these boards as well.

I have raised them well:goodvibes

My mom, me (28), sister (25) and sister's fiance are going to Disney World for the Princess Half Marathon next month. I went for the first time last March with my husband and kids, but this will be everyone else's first time. I've planned the trip out to the last detail with ADRs and FastPass+s and whatnot, and everyone has their own Disney binder to keep track of everything in...

I may be a little out of control...

DD (19) and I will be visiting DLR next monday on her first/my 3rd visit to the park. We've visited the Tokyo parks twice together as well.

We are also planning a trip together to WDW in 2016 which will be her first/my second trip to the world.

I've traveled quite a bit around the world, but she is just discovering it, which I feel privileged to be a part of. I'm the Disney nut, but she is fast catching up on that score ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter