• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mother-Son Dance with a Disney song

mickmom728

Mouseketeer
My DS met his future bride when they worked in the College Program and will be getting married next July in her hometown! Do any of you have any suggestions for a Disney Mother-Son dance? It can be serious or not... I have always encouraged him to follow his dreams so I was thinking something like A Dream is a Wish or maybe even the song from Tarzan. I think it is You'll Be in My Heart. Thanks for the help!

My DS met his future bride when they worked in the College Program and will be getting married next July in her hometown! Do any of you have any suggestions for a Disney Mother-Son dance? It can be serious or not... I have always encouraged him to follow his dreams so I was thinking something like A Dream is a Wish or maybe even the song from Tarzan. I think it is You'll Be in My Heart. Thanks for the help!
"Your Mother and Mine" from Peter Pan
"I Wanna Be Like You" - Jungle Book
"If I didn't Have You" - Monsters Inc
"You've Got A friend in Me" - Toy Story
"Baby Mine" - Dumbo

My husband and his mom used the Broadway version of You'll Be in My Heart, b/c it is sung by a woman and cut down to only about 3 minutes instead of being 4 and a half minutes of the Phil Collins version. It's actually really gorgeous.

Another suggestion would be "When You Wish Upon A Star." :-)

Thanks so much for all the responses...I will check with my DS and see what he likes! Emily, your engagement video is wonderful...I got chills watching it! Congratulations and Best Wishes!

I may be in the same boat! Yea! But I want it to be a Disney song from when he was a kid. We used to go to Disney every year. So, I'm thinking either "Circle of Life" from Lion King (which is very long). Or You've Got A Friend in Me. However, I don't think You've Got a Friend in Me is really right for a wedding, but it really would be so appropriate for my son. Would love to hear other thoughts.

My son in law and his mom danced to Rainbow Connection. (Muppets) it's a song that she sang to him as a little boy. It was quite touching.

My son in law and his mom danced to Rainbow Connection. (Muppets) it's a song that she sang to him as a little boy. It was quite touching.
My son and I danced to Elton John singing, "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"...perfect for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter