Motion sickness

rosiegmendez

Mouseketeer
Planning our first trip to US/IOA, and wondering if there are any rides like Mission Space (Epcot). I can do most roller coasters, but Mission Space gave me major motion sickness, it was awful. I narrowly avoided getting “sick” and felt green for hours after. Any rides with similar centrifugal forces at the studios I should avoid? TIA

Ugh the Simpson's ride for sure! Never again! I took Bonine before we went so I think that helped with the other rides but even with the Bonine I almost got sick on that one.

There is another active thread about this

Check it out for more discussion on it

Simpson ride, I am good with
No issues for me on it

Not centrifugal force, but the Simpsons ride does me in. Won’t do that again!

Yep, Simpson’s ride is the ride most folks complain about for motion issues........

Closely followed by FJ for some.

You do have to just try sometimes as what makes one person bad, may not knock someone else bad.........

I’m fine with all coasters and rides, but Simpson’s badly floored me, but I can do FJ a few times........some find closing eyes helps, but it makes me worse as I usually need to focus on something.........when I do Spider-Man and it’s the spinny bit, I focus on one spot as it turns and I’m fine.......but nothing helps on Simpson’s........

I was the same on mission space, felt like it ended just in time. There's nothing like that at universal, at least not for me. might feel a little queasy on simpsons or even forbidden journey but nothing has made me feel sick like mission space.

Universal has a lot of motion simulators. Most of my life I loved them. Now in my 60's, they made me sick. But each one has a stationary row so you can experience the 3D (or 4D) without the motion simulator. Try one and if you get queasy, ride the rest of the attractions in the stationary row. Simpsons, Shrek, Minions, Transformers. The only choice for Forbidden Journey however is to ride it and see. It's awesome technology but it made my daughter sick. However that didn't stop her from riding a second time immediately after! The pictures just didn't come out so good!

The Simpsons and Forbidden Journey are the top two that people complain about for motion sickness.

As for spinning, that would be:
  • Men in Black
  • The Hat in the Hat
  • Storm Force Accelatron
  • Kang & Kudos Twirl and Hurl
(However, nothing as intense as Mission Space in EPCOT)

Gringott's does a little back and forth (kind of like a spin that doesn't complete and then goes back).

Also bonus: Spiderman is a simulator that also spins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter