Motivational March 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Summer2018

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the March 2022 W.I.S.H. (We are inspired To Stay Healthy) thread, Motivational March! Spring is approaching, along with warmer temperatures and more daylight, so let's get motivated to make some real progress this month!

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy during these trying times. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

MOTIVATION MONDAY
TOPIC TUESDAY
WOO HOO WEDNESDAY
THANKFUL THURSDAY
FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY
SOCIAL SATURDAY
SELF-CARE SUNDAY

This month's hosts are:

2/28-3/6: Summer
3/7-3/13: PollyannaMom

3/14-3/20: Available
3/21-3/27: Sjrec

3/28-4/3: Oneanne

Good Morning, I am Stephanie and I live in Northeast Ohio. I have been married for 17 years and have 2 kids. DS is a month away from being 16 and DD is 14. Life here really has not been good since the end of December and I am really ready for things to turn around. I really feel like there should be a rule or something where a parent can't go through medical stuff at the same time as your kid. DD and I both have had medical stuff going on. I at least know what my stuff is and it is all a waiting and see kind of stuff. DD has been sick since the end of December. It started as a virus and them being dizzy and hasn't stopped. No one knows what it is. POTS has been thrown around as well her body just needs to get back in sync. It is looking more and more that it is POTS. We will get more info today at her cardiologist appointment.

Intro:
I'm Summer, 57.
I live in coastal Connecticut, an hour outside NYC.
Living with...DH 62 & DD 24.
Working as...Kindergarten Teacher in an inner city public school.
Favorite place...Seashore.
Hobbies...Art, swimming, reading, singing.
2022 Goals...Finally lose the baby weight using NOOM; walk daily; learn how to be more flexible and handle stress better; keep my eye on the prize; and BELIEVE IN MYSELF!

I'm Linda an empty nester from the Pacific NW. I've gained 5 pounds since Christmas and now need to lose that and a whole bunch more! Will work hard to stop eating sugary snacks. I've done a good job the last few days of not eating chocolate, which gives me a stomachache. Saw a girlfriend today and she said I still look good and she would never have guessed I'd gained. Friends are good!

Good morning! Shannon, 39 from RI. Working mom to my 3 nutty littles trying to be health-ish while cooking for myself and 4 even pickier eaters!

Right now my body is telling me it wants to be healthier but it is stressed and tired. I can feel my stress rising now after I was on twitter. So I am again going to try to limit my social media. I dont want to cut off completely but maybe checking mid day instead of right before bed or right after waking up is a place to start! When my mind is relaxed or busy (but not emotionally so) it is easier for me to take care of myself.

Did some freezer cooking over the weekend and finishing it up Thursday I think. Made meatballs and a meatloaf. Going to make some chicken patties. And I think I am going to make a sauce on Sunday. Last night was beef stew in the crock, did a pulled pork last week. Both of which resulted in enough to freeze for a quick dinner.

I am also toying with the idea of going back to school. My employer has a tuition reimbursement program. I was looking into my masters but I don't know if I have the bandwidth for that but then I saw they are again reimbursing certificate programs so going to research that some more. I feel like since 2020 my brain is mush. I am hoping between my little garden and maybe this education path (it would start in the fall) I can get my groove back a bit.

Speaking of gardening anyone know anything about holly bushes? I have reached out to a couple local garden shops and no one is getting back to me. I know I need a Male and female species. I want something small and everything that will grow in my zone (6b) that looks like the traditional green pointy leaves/red berries is a massive tree! So if anyone knows of a bush variety that would survive here please let me know!

I'm Beth (41)
I live in York, SC about 30 miles south of Charlotte NC (that's the easiest way to let people know where York is)

I am single no kids. I live with my cousin/best friend and fellow disney lover Emily.
I work in our local government in the register of deeds office with a great group of ladies.
I love to read and cook and spend time with my nieces and nephews. I have 3 spoiled pups. My oldest is Gus he is 7 and a lab/golden mix and he's rotten. I adopted my girls when they were 3 months old after a medical issue caused my brother's family not to be able to keep them. They are Kate & Whirley(my nephew named her that). They are 3 and Rottie/Lab mix. They are funny one looks like a full blooded lab the other looks like a lab with a the square Rottie head. They are also spoiled rotten.
2022 Goals are to continue to work on learning a healthy life style. The exercise I can do pretty well I have a good rhythm that is working although the Y here is getting so expensive that we are giving it up so this month I'll be doing videos and youtube stuff to figure out a program. The food part that gets me I can plan it out well but then comes boredom and I kill everything I've done. So I've got to work on that part. Also since this is my personal goals. I would like to spend this Easter season gowning in my faith.

I am so frustrated today. After talking with the cardiologist yesterday it was looking like DD could be a covid long hauler. They did the antibody test because this would get her into the covid long haul clinic. I just got the results and it was negative. They still think everything is from the virus she had at the end of December. They have also ruled out POTS as the spikes in her heart rate are not enough for it to be POTS. They have started her on a new medicine so hopefully that will help. I just want her better.

Hi, I’m Lizanne a single lady from Seattle WA. I’m currently at Disney World, my first trip here since summer 2019. My goal this month is to use the break to reset my life… I’m hoping to come back refreshed, restored and ready to go.

Tuning in to my body my legs and feet are screaming “What the what are you doing to us!?! Why didn’t you make more of an effort to prep us for all this walking!?!” My tummy is pretty darn happy with the food it has been getting, my eyes are happy to have something new to look at. My ADHD brain has been running in overdrive over thinking every little thing, but it is calming down a bit.

Tonight is my Cirque du Soleil night so it was a half morning at AK. After yesterday’s traumatic morning at MK I adjusted my early hours expectations to just getting in FOP and Safari. I was at the bus stop just before 7a and on a bus by 7:15a. By the time I got to FOP the line was over the bridge almost to Africa, but I got in line anyway, since that is what I had come to do. The line moved steadily, so they must have starting running before 8:30a. I was done by 8:55a and thought I might make it to Safari before the 9a people but didn’t, when I got there the wait was posted as 50. It was actually closer to 40. Both rides were really good and I was satisfied. I had lunch at Satuli and then meandered back to the front of the park and caught a bus back to the resort. I’ll head over to DisneySprings around 4:30 and have dinner then go to the show. Really looking forward to it.

Tomorrow is EPCOT, the first day of Flower and Garden. Ugh, it is going to be packed with vloggers and influencers, but I wouldn’t mind bumping in to a couple I follow. In Living by Disneys Tuesday newsletter she said EPCOT will open at 8 am tomorrow for resort guests and I’m hoping that will help me be a step ahead of enough people to get on the Skyway and to Remy fairly easily.

Last edited:
I'm Beth (41)
I live in York, SC about 30 miles south of Charlotte NC (that's the easiest way to let people know where York is)

I am single no kids. I live with my cousin/best friend and fellow disney lover Emily.
I work in our local government in the register of deeds office with a great group of ladies.
I love to read and cook and spend time with my nieces and nephews. I have 3 spoiled pups. My oldest is Gus he is 7 and a lab/golden mix and he's rotten. I adopted my girls when they were 3 months old after a medical issue caused my brother's family not to be able to keep them. They are Kate & Whirley(my nephew named her that). They are 3 and Rottie/Lab mix. They are funny one looks like a full blooded lab the other looks like a lab with a the square Rottie head. They are also spoiled rotten.
2022 Goals are to continue to work on learning a healthy life style. The exercise I can do pretty well I have a good rhythm that is working although the Y here is getting so expensive that we are giving it up so this month I'll be doing videos and youtube stuff to figure out a program. The food part that gets me I can plan it out well but then comes boredom and I kill everything I've done. So I've got to work on that part. Also since this is my personal goals. I would like to spend this Easter season gowning in my faith.
:welcome:

I've seen a lot of ads about Noom but not anyone that personally that's used it what do you think so far about it? Do they do like diet/exercises plans or is it more motivation?
I love NOOM. I have done Weight Watchers, South Beach Diet, and many others. I did pretty well on MyFitnessPal, but something was missing, and that was the psychological piece..the "Why." NOOM addresses all aspects: logging your food/calories; exercise; daily lessons; group support; coaching. It is working for me, and my very stubborn DH just joined too. I highly recommend it.

:hug: @piglet1979 - I've been there with the "my kid is sick and they don't know what's wrong" thing, and it is hard!! Keeping my fingers crossed that they figure it out and she feels better soon.

@ Bethislucy, welcome to the group!

Intro:
I'm...Nicole, 51,
living in...southeastern Massachusetts
with...DH, also 51, and (part of the year) DS, who is 21 and away at school in Maine right now.
We have...2 spoiled cats and 4 fish.
Favorite place...the Finger Lakes region of New York. I grew up there and we love to visit family in the summer.
What I'm up to lately...decluttering my house, taking "Senior College" classes, crafty stuff, and reading (lots of non-fiction lately, and I'm a big Harry potter fan, too!)

Goals this month...up my exercise, cut down on sweets, and get out of my cooking rut...again. :rotfl:

WooHoo for the nice weather today!!

And WooHoo that I figured out how to use Audible :jumping3:
(DS signed us up for a free trial because he needed a book for class, and I had one additional credit to use. I got Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone!)

Woohoo for vacations. Each day has had its good and not so good but overall I think this is was I needed.

Today was EPCOT, I got up super early and was done with Remy before 8am. It is super cute. So I’ve managed to do all of the new things I wanted to. The park filled up pretty quickly, and it got pretty warm so I took a long midday break then went back to get some dinner from France.

Tomorrow I have dinner at Tiffins so it’ll be a late arrival at AK, my first morning without a specific time to get up.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter