Motorola 2-Way Radios

MickeyEars

DIS Veteran
Hi Guys!
My boys and I were shopping at Wal-mart today and decided to purchase 2-way radios for our trip in March. We chose the Motorola T6200's. Does anyone own this particular model? If so, do they work well?? I sure hope so because I have no experience with 2-way radios whatsoever!!! Any info would be great!!

Carla

We have Motorola's as well, but a different model. Be sure they have subchannels! That is what will keep you from having to listen to and talk over others.

We just used the Motorola 6210s for a trip to Hershey Park (practice for WDW) and they worked great once we figured out the volume. I think that they are the same as yours except that the 6210s also vibrate when being called. We could not figure out how to adjust the volume on the menu. It is not on the menu - you just press the + or - buttons and the volume adjusts. We had a problem until we figured that out - didn't have the instruction booklet with us.

We look forward to using them in WDW!

I was also wondering if anyone had used them at WDW, and how well they worked.
I wanted the model that vibrated but could not find it at any of the local stores. How
many did you buy? We bought 2 at our local Walmart the other day.

We got the 6210s at Costco. There was a coupon running the beginning of the month for $10 off so we got them for $50 each. The vibrate feature is really worth it. You don't realize how noisy amusement and theme parks can be.

Hi Stormi65!!!
We also bought 2 and naturally there was no rebate with this model. I hope they are not too complicated to use!! My boys 11 and 8 are sure to have it figured out soon!!!

Carla

We played with them a little today outside, and they do seem great. I am debating on
getting the ear buds for them. Maybe it will help you hear/ and not disturb others at
the theme parks.

We were in Disney World earlier this month. We also have the two way Motorola. Not sure what the model number is, but they worked great!!!

We had the ones with sub-channels. These are better for filtering out other conversations. With the volume turned fully up we had no problem hearing a page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter