motorola two-way radios?

wmears13

Mouseketeer
What's the best price and where did you purchase the Motorola Two-way Radios? I'm looking for ones with the 38 sub-channels and possibly recargeable battery pack, (w/ recharger?).

We have a set of the Motorola Talkabout FR60's. They work great for us. We bought them at Best Buy. I see they have them on sale frequently for around $70.00 for the pair. We do not have a charger for them at this time. We just take extra batteries.

We have a set of Cobra microtalk 3's and a set of microtalk 2's. The 3's are much nicer, with a vibrating feature that allows the radio to vibrate and/or ring. The 3's also have a fold-down antennae and are really small. We bought them a year ago(each radio cost more than the pair of 2's I recently purchased) and have been happy with them. Both the 2's and 3's are waterproof. We have 2 rechargeable battery packs and a charger that I purchased at Best Buy for a few dollars less than was offered at their website. The 3's have a weatherband that I have never used, and a lot of other features like a private scrambler and dual channel watch(for using 2 channels at once) that we really don't need, even at WDW. Both sets have 14 channels/38 subchannels, but the 2's are much simpler to use, and would be fine at WDW. My husband actually prefers the belt clip on the 2's, and does not mind that they seem a little bigger than the 3's because the antennae does not fold down. The set of 2's were just on sale at Best Buy for @ $60, and I had to replace the charger that I left at WDW on our last trip, which was @$30. I think the rechargeable battery packs were @$25 each. It took @ 2 hours to charge the radios, and they lasted for several days in the parks. Both sets have a powersaver feature and a battery indicator that lets you know when the battery is low. I have never used the motorolas, but I did see some of their accessories at Best Buy, too. When I first purchased the 3's last Father's Day for DH, the Cobra 3's were the same price as the motorolas, but offered many more features. I am not sure if that is still true or not. Also, we bought the earbuds for our radios, but they were a waste of money. The Sports Authority near me in NC had more motorola radios and accessories than Best Buy, so you may want to check there. Good luck!:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter