Mount Dora?

ICan'tWait

Mouseketeer
We're thinking of checking out Mount Dora during our upcoming visit. I was contemplating going on a Friday because that works best with the current schedule but I'm concerned about traffic coming back to Orlando on a Friday afternoon. Thoughts on traffic? Any recommendations while there? Is there a town nearby that would be a better visit on a Friday?

I am not sure what you mean by "back to Orlando" (Disney isn't technically in Orlando).

If you take SR-429 rather than I-4, you will be better off. Both ways.

About the only similar option is Winter Park, which will put you in serious Friday traffic on the way back.

I am not sure what you mean by "back to Orlando" (Disney isn't technically in Orlando).

If you take SR-429 rather than I-4, you will be better off. Both ways.

About the only similar option is Winter Park, which will put you in serious Friday traffic on the way back.
Thank you! Our condo is in Kissimmee but I'm just used to saying Orlando. We flew into Tampa once on a Friday afternoon and the drive on I-4 was miserable and I wasn't sure if Friday afternoon travel out of the main area should be avoided.

Winter Garden is an option.

I think from memory you could come home on the 429, then onto the 192 which will take you to Kissimmee and you`d avoid driving past Orlando City on the way home. That traffic is always dreadful. We`ve come home from Mount Dora/Winter Park at that time, and yes, traffic can be at a complete standstill.

Maybe someone more local can give better advice than that, it`s not a route I`m overly familiar with.

Winter Garden is a lovely place to visit too.

Take Hwy 192 heading for Hwy 27 BUT turn onto Hwy 429 And then follow

onto Mt Dora

RETURN Take Road to Tavares To Howey in the Hills To Clermont

Join Hwy 27 South To Junction with Hwy 192

See a bit of the Real Florida away from the Disney area

Well worth the Drive

Mt Dora is nice, we visit several times per year. Unless there is a crash it’s an easy and fast drive down the 429.

They have a lovely downtown area similar to Park Ave in Winter Park. You can take 27 or the easiest 429

If you can re-arrange your schedule to visit Mt Dora earlier in the week (Monday - Thursday), you'd probably encounter less traffic.

Take Hwy 192 heading for Hwy 27 BUT turn onto Hwy 429 And then follow

onto Mt Dora

RETURN Take Road to Tavares To Howey in the Hills To Clermont

Join Hwy 27 South To Junction with Hwy 192

See a bit of the Real Florida away from the Disney area

Well worth the Drive
Just don't speed around Howey -- unless it's no longer a speed trap as it was during my entire childhood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter