Move Over "Foodies", Here Come the "Drinkies"

Yensid67

Mouseketeer
I've read posts where people will plan their entire WDW vacation around food. At first, I thought this was odd. Plan an entire day at Epcot around Le Cellier? Go to the Magic Kingdom just to eat at Be Our Guest. Surely these "foodies" have lost their minds. But my wife and I were recently discussing two upcoming trips we have planned, and I suddenly realized that we tend to plan our trips around bars.

We'll be spending a day at Animal Kingdom in November and the only concrete plans that we have are to go to the Nomad Lounge and then to go to the Sanaa Lounge later that night at Kidani Village. I'm sure we'll book some fastpasses for the day, but we've actually missed them in the past because we've been having so much fun sitting at a bar on talking with other guests or the bartenders. I guess you could call us "drinkies".

Anyway, here's a list of some of our favorite bars on property.

Splitsville at Springs, especially during football season.
The Hole in the Wall at Springs because they have Happy Hour every day from noon to 6:00
The Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower for the atmosphere and view
Mizners at the Grand Floridian (before it closed for refurbishment) for the live music
The Gurgling Suitcase at Old Key West for Roberto - the best bartender on property!

So here's to my fellow "drinkies" who also plan their WDW vacations around which bars they intend to drank at while on property. I'll raise a glass to all of you while I'm sitting at the Nomad Lounge on November 16!

I've read posts where people will plan their entire WDW vacation around food. At first, I thought this was odd. Plan an entire day at Epcot around Le Cellier? Go to the Magic Kingdom just to eat at Be Our Guest. Surely these "foodies" have lost their minds. But my wife and I were recently discussing two upcoming trips we have planned, and I suddenly realized that we tend to plan our trips around bars.

We'll be spending a day at Animal Kingdom in November and the only concrete plans that we have are to go to the Nomad Lounge and then to go to the Sanaa Lounge later that night at Kidani Village. I'm sure we'll book some fastpasses for the day, but we've actually missed them in the past because we've been having so much fun sitting at a bar on talking with other guests or the bartenders. I guess you could call us "drinkies".

The Hole in the Wall at Springs because they have Happy Hour every day from noon to 6:00
Mizners at the Grand Floridian (before it closed for refurbishment) for the live music
The Gurgling Suitcase at Old Key West for Roberto - the best bartender on property!

So here's to my fellow "drinkies" who also plan their WDW vacations around which bars they intend to drank at while on property. I'll raise a glass to all of you while I'm sitting at the Nomad Lounge on November 16!

I love this!

I love a great cocktail - something I can't get around home. What are some of your favorite cocktails that you have to order when you're at some of your fave places?

When I travel for work and even for fun I always try to find a Tiki Bar to visit. Trader Sam's is a blast at either location. Enjoy your visit in November!436359

Our must-do bars are:

Trader Sam's
Nomad Lounge
La Cava del Tequila
Brown Derby Lounge
Jock Lindsay's

I have a few ADRs for Oga's Cantina next trip, so we'll see if that becomes a permanent addition to the list, too.

I'm bummed that Oga's seems to be all sugary drinks or I'm sure that would have been a must-do on every trip. As it is, it'll probably be one and done for us on our November trip.

Geyser point is nice ambiance if the weather cooperates. For best drink quality, Nomad wins hands down.

Nomad
Trader Sam's
TOTWL
Gurgling Suitcase
Pool bars are fun
The balcony of my DVC villa:thumbsup2

Going for a quick 3 nights with friends in early November with no kids just so we can "adult' and not worry about it. that means lot's of drinks and food walking around EPCOT.

No. We won't be stupid drunk, but we will be happy. Disney bus system for the WIN!!!!

I am a big fan of the beers in Germany and Norway.

We are looking forward to checking out the AbracadaBAR over at the Boardwalk. I am only a "mocktailer" but I love a good one that isn't just a syrupy mess, so hopefully they will have something fun.

You enjoy yourselves on your trip. LOVE the Gurgling Suitcase (and OKW).

We love La Cava de Tequila though gosh I wish it was still like it was when it first opened. Though it's probably better for my kids who want to see Disney if it's not.

Can I ask a Splitsville question...are there TVs at the lanes and can you reserve a single lane ahead of time? We are thinking about trying to watch the Super Bowl there and bowling with the kids while we do. Thanks!

I love this!

I love a great cocktail - something I can't get around home. What are some of your favorite cocktails that you have to order when you're at some of your fave places?
I'm more of a beer person, so I'm easy to please at any of the bars on property.

We love La Cava de Tequila though gosh I wish it was still like it was when it first opened. Though it's probably better for my kids who want to see Disney if it's not.

Can I ask a Splitsville question...are there TVs at the lanes and can you reserve a single lane ahead of time? We are thinking about trying to watch the Super Bowl there and bowling with the kids while we do. Thanks!
You can reserve lanes at Splitsville. Most of the tv's downstairs are over the bar, which is behind the lanes. But they are in close proximity to one another. It would be a lot of fun to bowl while watching the Super Bowl!

Love Abracadabar at The Boardwalk. Try the Pepper's Ghost! Our favorite! Love Victoria Falls at AKL when we are staying there and you can't beat the drinks at the California Grill bar. Trader Sams is such a fun place too!

Going for a quick 3 nights with friends in early November with no kids just so we can "adult' and not worry about it. that means lot's of drinks and food walking around EPCOT.

No. We won't be stupid drunk, but we will be happy. Disney bus system for the WIN!!!!

I am a big fan of the beers in Germany and Norway.

Best beer ever is Kungaloosh at Nomad.

Can't say enough good about Nomad Lounge, I've spent whole days in there. Really good cocktails.
Oga's isn't really a bar yet. They are trying to get everyone in and out quickly. It's more like an attraction with drinks. All the drinks I've tried were pretty good.
Rose & Crown is fun and convivial if you can grab a chair and listen to the piano player.
Try Jock Lindsey's at Disney Springs. They do need a better selection of less sweet cocktails, but they can make a good old fashioned if you like those.
La Cava is a favorite, but everything has been cut back so much. I suppose it got too popular.

Our must-do bars are:

Trader Sam's
Nomad Lounge
La Cava del Tequila
Brown Derby Lounge
Jock Lindsay's

I have a few ADRs for Oga's Cantina next trip, so we'll see if that becomes a permanent addition to the list, too.
I have either 3 or 4 for my trip coming up the 28th. I kinda planned this trip around not only food but also drinks! I want to try a majority of the drinks there. Definitely hitting up La Cava del Tequila as well and a few other spots around the world.

You HAVE to hit Cava de Tequila in Epcot(Mexico) Great time...but go early!!!!

Well... we are both, so it makes it really difficult to fit in park time, LOL! DD25 and I fell in love with Nomad a few trips ago; it's what really made us into Disney Drinkies!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter