Moved Posts

aajmich

Earning My Ears
I have observed this board for sometime and find it quite interesting and informative. On occasion I go to the other boards but not very regularly as my interest is with DVC. Our family is going home with our four year old for the first time this fall. I have been reading about the different childcare choices and feel some what informed on the issue. My knowledge all coming from the DVC board.

I have placed to posts on this board regarding in room babysitting. I placed this question on the DVC board because I want the input from DVC members, like me. Both posts have been moved to the Families board. The first post that was moved received no responses on the family board and now my second post, that received some responses on the DVC boardin the short time it was there, was moved again to the family board and as yet has recieved little response.

It is clear to me the need for moving posts that do not fit on the board where they were placed. However lately it seems, and I may be wrong, that more and more posts have been moved from the DVC board. Some posts that I saw moved needed to be but others could just as well have stayed. My post to the DVC board was done intentionally to get the opinions of DVC member on this subject. I feel that the intent of the poster should be considered and respected.

This is no huge deal but it was just a little annoying. ;)

Unless the post is related to DVC it will be moved to a more appropriate board. This is the policy of the site, as stated by the Webmaster. Since babysitting is not provided by DVC and is not a benefit of DVC, it was moved to another Board. If you think there is a more appropriate board to ask the question, please post it there.

Asking for DVC member opinions about non-DVC issues is not an appropriate use of this board. The moderators on this board frequently receive emails complaining of off-topic posts- moving these to a more appropriate board resolves those complaints also.

Another thing to remember is that even when a thread is moved, the topic and link remains on the original board and is therefore available for comment right from the original board. Placing it on another board is designed to provide opportunity for comment where it may be a more frequent question.

If you have suggestions to improve the site, including the way it is moderated, please contact the Webmaster. All moderators are directed by the guidelines of the site and any contact we have with the Webmaster.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter