Movie quotes that are part of your daily vocabulary

Southernmiss

I am hazed everyday
Harry Potter fans here. When we've taken care of a task we often say 'Mischief managed'-- like mission accomplished.

Others...
One of our kids was always getting lost--had a scary moment at Disney when he was about 9 and 'missing' for about 10 minutes.

Now we say 'No (his name) left behind' a take on the line 'No toys left behind' from Toy Story

Just keep swimming...Finding Nemo

We do the same with song lyrics, too. And will often burst into a song.

Well, that didn't pan out - True Grit (remake)

I love the smell of (fill in the blank) in the morning - Apocalypse Now

While not daily these are some of my most often used:

"There's no crying in baseball" - I used it more often when my boys were playing baseball (league of their own)

You're killing me smalls- sandlot

I carried a watermelon- dirty dancing

Many more, but can't think of them at this time. As I remember I will post ;)

I'm glad to see I'm not alone with the movie quotes-often times I get an odd look when I do, I thought maybe not as many people remembered quote and use them.

Too many to list. Our family pretty much uses movie quotes and song lyrics in all of our conversations.

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow" shows up a lot, my DH has a stressful job, LOL! That and "Just keep swimming"
"You can't handle the truth" Jack Nicholson
"Lighten up Francis" Stripes
"What you talkin' bout Willis?" Different Strokes

Keep to the code. Pirates of C
Am I good Allen? -Hangover
Do you want an aspirin?-Vacation
Many others

There's no crying in baseball!- league of their own

Could you describe the ruckus?- breakfast club

Stop calling me Shirley- Airplane

Caddy Shack- the whole movie
Lol

She's a nice lady - Hangover
I'll think about that tomorrow - Gone With the Wind
Just keep swimming - Finding Nemo

"Do you recall the dates of these alleged tardies/incidents?" (Clueless)
"Oh my god, this is sooooo forever taking!" (Archer episode)
"You're killin' me, Smalls!" (another vote for Sandlot)

Not daily, but...

"It's in the crate!, it's in the crate"-Best in Show

"Yep. Two corpses, everything's fine." And "Let us in, let us in-let us out let us out!" -Clue (so many more from this movie actually)

"Problem? I haven't got a problem. I've got bleepin problems. Plural."- Four Rooms (and said with a British accent lol)

Now if we're talking TV shows half of the lines from Arrested Development make it into my daily life haha. Best. Show. Ever.

My family speaks in movie quotes like a second language. We carry on entire conversations in lines from various movies. My siblings' (I have 6 of them) SOs often have a steep learning curve.

Christmas Vacation - pretty much the entire thing. "She'll see it later...her eyes are frozen shut," "Bend over and I'll show ya," "Here Russ, you work on that," "It's Christmas and we're all in misery," "A whole quarter," "You serious, Clark?" "Nah, he's probably just nosin' through the trash," "Woowee, look at the time! I still have homework to do..." "If you need me, I'll be upstairs asleep," and our all-time favorite, "I don't KNOW Margot."

The Sandlot - "You're killin' me Smalls!" I literally just bought the shirt last week. There are a few others we quote from that one as well.

Steel Magnolias - my sisters and I quote this one all the time. My brothers even know quotes from this one. I even made a section for my recipes that's entitled "Freezes Beautifully." Just taught my daughter to say, "Momma, my nails are wet." We also use "His coffee kicked in."

When my family gets a little rowdy at gatherings, as a nice way of reminding them to watch out for little ears our code is, "There are preschool toys present." (Toy Story)

Others frequented are The Hunt for Red October, lots of John Wayne, Lonesome Dove, and LOTS of Disney, of course.

One of our favorites is "What we've got here is failure to communicate" from Coolhand Luke

We also like "It does have a little wang to it" from Hollywood Knights for just about any time your trying something to eat or drink for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter