MoviePass? $9.99/month 1 theater movie a day

Mine won't let me check in to any movies via the app. Besides, they all have peak pricing as well (literally, all movies, all the time). I cancelled this morning and signed up for AMC A List.

Interesting. My dd just saw a movie on Wednesday. We are going again today, we shall see if it works LOL.

The outage started yesterday afternoon and it still hasn't gone back up. Hopefully they will get it back up soon!

Mine won't let me check in to any movies via the app. Besides, they all have peak pricing as well (literally, all movies, all the time). I cancelled this morning and signed up for AMC A List.

Me and the GF are both contemplating on ditching MP and signing up for A-list. We were both just charged last week, so we might hold on to it just in case it goes back up.

Thanks. I was just going to sign up for it next month. You saved me 20 bucks.

... AND they are still advertising it on their website without advertising the surge pricing (which is a mess in itself). You definitely dodged a bullet.

Me and the GF are both contemplating on ditching MP and signing up for A-list. We were both just charged last week, so we might hold on to it just in case it goes back up.

Based on the message I got when I cancelled, I can still use MP through my monthly billing date, which should be August 5. Here's the thing: if I can't use the card based system (ie. the debit card in my wallet), then I can't do much of anything from MP. There is literally one e-Ticket theater in my area, which are apparently not affected.

Based on the message I got when I cancelled, I can still use MP through my monthly billing date, which should be August 5. Here's the thing: if I can't use the card based system (ie. the debit card in my wallet), then I can't do much of anything from MP. There is literally one e-Ticket theater in my area, which are apparently not affected.
Yeah, we have 3 e-ticket apparently, all indie type theaters that are down in the cities, not up here in the burbs. And it would be cheaper for me to pay for both our tickets up here, than pay for just one at one of those theaters.

We have 0 e-ticket theaters here in Las Vegas. Goodbye MP!

Service is back up:

https://moviepass.com/service_updates_20180727/

To our Subscribers:
First, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused from the temporary outage in the app over the past day. We have handled the issues on the back-end, and our app is now up-and-running with stability at 100%. We thank you for your patience and your ongoing support.

This month, we introduced demand-based pricing to MoviePass. The first of those features, Peak Pricing, has rolled out nationally. Bring-a-Guest and Premium Features (ie., upgrades IMAX 2D & 3D, RealD, and more) will begin rolling out soon. We will continue to refine Peak Pricing and adjust the algorithm to take into account a lot of the feedback we’ve received in the past couple of weeks, and we thank you for your patience as we continue to evolve MoviePass into the best low-cost option in entertainment. Together, we are reviving moviegoing – and everything that goes along with it.

As we’ve shared with you before, rather than raise the price of the subscription, we’ve decided to enable all of you to have the choice between high value (ability to see up to one movie a day) at a low cost ($9.95) versus the flexibility to see whichever movie you want, wherever and whenever you want to see it. In other words, you can choose to see a movie in high demand on Opening Weekend for a small additional surcharge, or wait to see a popular movie a bit later in its theatrical run at no additional cost.

As we continue to evolve the service, certain movies may not always be available in every theater on our platform. This is no different than other in-home streaming options that often don’t carry the latest shows or movies that may be available on other services. For example, you can’t ever find Game of Thrones on Netflix, nor is Season 4 of Schitt’s Creek available there yet. Here at MoviePass, we have strived to make every movie in theaters available to you as part of your subscription, and Peak Pricing has allowed – and will continue to allow – us to do so.

Some of the feedback we’ve received from you about Peak Pricing is that more of you are using e-ticketing in our app. When you go to a MoviePass e-ticketing theater, you are helping theaters who are actively working with us to ensure that MoviePass remains the best low-cost option. Peak Pricing has also begun driving traffic to weekdays and off-peak hours, which is vital to the entertainment ecosystem and to the health of theaters across the country. Similarly, we are hearing loud and clear from studio and independent distributor partners who support the MoviePass model that our app placements are driving more of you to enjoy their films over others in the marketplace.

We share all of this with you as we believe in explaining to you, our customer, why we are doing what we are doing. We ask for your understanding and vocal support during this time, as we continue to fundamentally change an industry that hasn’t evolved much in years. In fact, ticket prices have risen so much that it’s now simply too expensive for many of us to go to the movies.

MoviePass’ mission is to make moviegoing accessible to everyone and to enhance the power of discovery – but we need your support as we refine our model for the long-haul.

Can’t find the movie you want to see on the app? Go to Twitter and let the studio behind it know. Want more e-ticketing theater options in your area, so that the movies you want to see peak less? Let your theater know you want them to partner with MoviePass.

We’re MoviePass and because of you, we are more than three million strong.

Mitch Lowe

Seems like they are altering the service even further.
As we continue to evolve the service, certain movies may not always be available in every theater on our platform.

When movie pass finally goes under I’m going to get the sinema card. There is no amc by me. Just looked at sinema 3 movies a month is 13.99 a month billed annually. Hopefully regal will come up with a plan like amc did.

I just looked mission impossible you can’t book on movie pass at least at my theatre. It will be a good idea if your going to the movies to check movie pass before you go to see if the movie you want to see is not blocked out.

Well we just went. She got a ticket just fine, however, for the first time she got hit with peak pricing. An additional $3.40 for a $6 3pm matinee! With 15 people in the whole theater. Wow, that is BS.

I just looked mission impossible you can’t book on movie pass at least at my theatre. It will be a good idea if your going to the movies to check movie pass before you go to see if the movie you want to see is not blocked out.

If you are going to see Mission Impossible this weekend and have a Dolby Theater in your area, I went through ATOM Tickets and used the code MISSION6 and got a ticket for 4$ out of pocket. The code gave me 6$ off a 10.xx$ ticket (first showing is always dirt cheap in my area with AMC).

And my dd just cancelled her membership. We went to Ant Man this morning, been out for weeks, Sunday morning $5 show and they wanted to charge her $4.40 peak pricing!

I'm on the fence with my membership, it renews tomorrow so I really need to make up mind today. I'm leaning towards canceling.

I looked on the app Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and of the movies that were on the app, every showing was marked as peak pricing. Having said that, not every movie in the theater I go to was on the app. I just checked for today and still, not every movie on the theater's website is listed on the app. Had I gone to a movie over the weekend I would have paid peak pricing for an older movie while newer movies were not even available to me.

And, all digital movies at the theater I go to are $6.49. It doesn't matter what time it is or how long it's been out or if it's new; they are all $6.49. Paying $9.95/month for a membership plus peak pricing for a $6.49 movie doesn't sit well with me.

I'm considering this instead: https://www.amctheatres.com/amcstubs/alist

I signed up for A List on Friday and went to Mission Impossible yesterday. Not a single problem...bought my ticket and chose my seat from home. Scanned my app at the ticket taker. Showed my ID. Done. I didn't have to wait to check in or worry about peak pricing.

The way I see it, I can do 3 movies a week with A List. That should be 12 a month if I go three times a week. That's $1.67 per movie. And I don't need to run to the theater and have any MP style worries.

In my opinion, AMC only created A-List to put nails in the coffin of MoviePass. Once MoviePass is dead and gone I would expect AMC to pull A-List as well or at least corrupt it with extra charges or restrictions to the point it's not worth it.

Without a doubt they want MP gone. But here's the thing: at that point, a certain segment of the audience will have gotten used to a subscription service like this. Does AMC pull A List and risk losing that consumer base? Their promo material all says the price does not change for a year, so they really can't make that change.

I signed up for A List on Friday and went to Mission Impossible yesterday. Not a single problem...bought my ticket and chose my seat from home. Scanned my app at the ticket taker. Showed my ID. Done. I didn't have to wait to check in or worry about peak pricing.

The way I see it, I can do 3 movies a week with A List. That should be 12 a month if I go three times a week. That's $1.67 per movie. And I don't need to run to the theater and have any MP style worries.

That's how we feel too. The ability to reserve seats ahead of time makes the AMC program worth it to us, but I do expect that prices will go up when MoviePass is gone. We'll decide what to do when the time comes.

In my opinion, AMC only created A-List to put nails in the coffin of MoviePass. Once MoviePass is dead and gone I would expect AMC to pull A-List as well or at least corrupt it with extra charges or restrictions to the point it's not worth it.
AMC had supposedly been working on this product long before it debuted. The debut got pushed back because of what movie pass did last fall. I wouldn’t expect them to pull it since they already run a successful model at their theatres in Europe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter