Movies by the Pool???

SSDonut

DIS Veteran
I saw on another thread that they were showing movies by the SSR pool. Do they do that at any of the other DVC resorts? What a fab idea! :thumbsup2

How do you find out if they are going to show a movie and which one it is? We're going to be at OKW in May, and I might just drag the family over the SSR for that experience popcorn:: --how crazy would that be???

Fort Wilderness, which is roughly a one-mile walk (just a guess!) from VWL, has a campfire hosted by Chip 'n Dale that features a Disney movie. The evening is a blast, especially for kids. The campgrounds in general are a lot of fun -- a childhood stay there cemented my love for all things Disney.

like ammo said, since the 1-mile hike from VWL to FW for the movie isn't unheard of,
i don't think it would be crazy to hop on the boat from OKW to SSR for the movie. sounds like a fun "night out" for your family.

Just got back from SSR. They give a print out when you check in with the movie times. I am sure if you call the front desk at SSR and they will tell you the schedule. We didn't make it there because of late nights at the park. We saw the screen set up. It looked like a lot of fun.

We have stayed at SSR 3 times and never had this. And now this time we are staying at BWV! I am thinking about changing!

We have stayed at SSR 3 times and never had this. And now this time we are staying at BWV! I am thinking about changing!

I saw some pictures somewhere on DIS about a month ago from BWV and they showed the same (a big screen set up at the pool showing movies at night) :thumbsup2

I wonder if they just have one screen that makes the rounds? They were definitely showing last week at SSR.

I would think they would keep doing it. Hopefully they are buying screens for each pool.

Was down in Orlando on business last week, stayed at SSR for one night (Wednesday); I was surprised and delighted to see the movie set-up. I asked one of the CM how long will they present and he told me nightly at least throughout the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter