Movies That Can't Be Remade/Updated

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Found this on another forum and figured I'd post here. As we all know, movies tend to get remade quite a bit, and sometimes with a setting update to contemporary times of the new film's release. So thought I'd ask guys what are some movies that can't be remade in your opinion, or at least if they were, can't be updated to modern times. Will list a few I think will apply as well:

Jurassic Park
Jaws
The Exorcist
Ace Ventura

Just to name a few. Thoughts?

Well, in general the remakes are so bad I'd say none can be remade or updated.

I did like the remake of Lost Horizon. Apparently I was the only one though.

I don’t like the idea of remaking any movie. If it was a great movie to begin with, leave it alone. If it was a bad movie to begin with, leave it alone. I would rather filmmakers put their efforts into telling new stories. I also don’t care for the live-action remakes of Disney movies. Just because they can now be made with CGI and tons of special effects doesn’t mean they should.

I don’t like the idea of remaking any movie. If it was a great movie to begin with, leave it alone. If it was a bad movie to begin with, leave it alone. I would rather filmmakers put their efforts into telling new stories. I also don’t care for the live-action remakes of Disney movies. Just because they can now be made with CGI and tons of special effects doesn’t mean they should.

At least we don't have to worry about Disney making a live action Pocahontas movie....

Harvey
Arsenic and Old Lace
Princess Bride
Casablanca
Breakfast Club
Harry Potters
There's Something about Mary

Breakfast Club and Ferris Bueller's Day Off were first to come to my mind but Harry Potter should never be remade! I didn't even think of them until I saw your post.

I would rather filmmakers put their efforts into telling new stories. I also don’t care for the live-action remakes of Disney movies. Just because they can now be made with CGI and tons of special effects doesn’t mean they should.
I totally agree with this.

The Shawshank Redemption

As for movies that shouldn't have been made:

Every Terminator after Terminator 2 should have never been made.

I'm also going to say Toy Story 4. I liked it enough but they ended Toy Story 3 perfectly.

The Shawshank Redemption

As for movies that shouldn't have been made:

Every Terminator after Terminator 2 should have never been made.

I'm also going to say Toy Story 4. I liked it enough but they ended Toy Story 3 perfectly.

Agree!

Terminator 2 still holds up! A few effects look old (when T 1000 is hanging on by the car) but the melting and morphing ... still so good!! It is one of the few sequels that is better than the original, imho.

Yes, Toy Story 3 had the best ending. I have said it before on here, tears every time! Perfection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter