• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Movies that should not be missed

That's such a subjective question! (for me Grease 2 is a must - but that opinion is not necessarily shared by a lot.) What kinds of movies do you like?

As for what's on Netflix right now I would say my MUST SEE's are:

Blue Ruin
The Big Lebowski
How to Die in Oregon (one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in my life)
Sophie's Choice
Melancholia
Punch Drunk Love
Me and You and Everyone We Know
Mary and Max
Good Will Hunting (I basically watch this once a week)
*And then of course every old school Disney movie that is currently on netflix - Dumbo, Robbin Hood, The Aristocats, The Rescuers

Also - not a movie BUT my favorite show EVER is on Netflix - Sons of Anarchy. I am about to set out on the journey of re-watching the series from the beginning... I'm trying to emotionally prepare.

Arsenic and Old Lace
The Thin Man (and all later Thin Man movies)
The Philadelphia Story
Adam's Rib
Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
I love classics.

I do also
Would Add
Harvey
Casablanca
Rebecca

Not classics but love them
Let It Ride
Shallow Grave

Just a few I didn't see named

Harvey
Kramer verses Kramer
The World According to Garp (early Robin Williams movie)
Steele Magnolias
SWeet Home Alabama

Tossing in the Silence of the Lambs films, especially if you watch Hannibal since the show sets up what eventually happens in the films (if I remember this right).

Since you are a teacher:

Freedom Writers
Mr Holland's Opus
Dead Poets Society
Dangerous Minds

I like inspired by real life dramas:
Secretariat
Erin Brockovich
All the President's Men

Don't know if either of these are on Netflix yet, probably too new:
Lincoln
Argo

Breaking Away, when you put breaking Bad, I thought at first it was breaking away, when it come out I was the age of the age (18) of the main characters, I so wanted to fall in love like that to a beautiful girl early in life

I agree. :thumbsup2 I also thought she was going to say Breaking Away which is an excellent movie.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and while your at it you might as well watch the sequel as well.

This is a great list! I started thinking about movies when on The Great Movie Ride a few weeks ago. There were so many movies throughout that ride that I have never seen or forgot about. I often sit down to watch something and spemd more time trying to find a movie than watching one.

A few said this was a very subjective topic, and that is true. I will go though these responses and form a list that interests me.

Thanks to all for the replies!

My old faves:

A tree Grows in Brooklyn
I Remeber Mama
Casablanca

Now
The Shining
& anything with Jeremy Renner:thumbsup2

Some newer ones:
- Selma
- Black and White
- McFarland
- August: Osage County
- The Iron Lady

Sense and Sensibility
A Cinderella Man
Aliens (the 2nd installment of the trilogy)
A Christmas Story
Vacation
European Vacation
Christmas Vacation
The Way Way Back
Coming to America
The Wedding Singer
Gone With the Wind
Just about anything with Liam Neeson
Blended

Requiem for a Dream for an emotional rollercoaster - not necessarily heartwarming though!

Any Studio Ghibli film.

Ok, these are just some of my all time favorites to check out:

Empire of the Sun
The power of One
The Man From Snowy River
Thelma and Louise
What Dreams May Come

These are the movies that if I'm scrolling through the channels and its on, I stop and watch.

Ok, these are just some of my all time favorites to check out:

Empire of the Sun
The power of One
The Man From Snowy River
Thelma and Louise
What Dreams May Come
These are the movies that if I'm scrolling through the channels and its on, I stop and watch.

I Loved The Man from Snowy River. Here are a few more I watch whenever they are on.

Remember the Titans
The Searchers
Sons of Katie Elder
Overboard
Ferris Buellers Day Off
MeatBalls
Murphys Romance
Coach Carter
Stand by Me
Lost Boys
Labyrinth ( Jennifer Connelly, David Bowie Version)
The Cheyene Social Club
Mr. Roberts

The Way
The 100 Foot Journey

Both Beautifully written and visually stimulating.

I stumbled across the movie Nebraska awhile back on Netflix. Had never heard of it but I really liked it.
Also I just discovered a Netflix original series Grace & Frankie or maybe its Frankie & Grace, lol. Stars Jane Fonda & Lily Tomlin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter