Moving a Reservation with Placeholder through Costco

fromthePDX

Earning My Ears
So me and my sister's family are currently booked on a Fantasy Western this November. Due to some important family matters, we decided to forgo this cruise and rebook for one of the Quebec cruises on the Magic next fall.

We booked this current cruise with a couple of Placeholders we setup on our Dream cruise last October 2016. We also transferred the booking to Costco to take advantage of the Cash Card benefit.

My question is this, how do I go about transferring the reservation to the Canada itineraries? is it as simple as telling the Costco agent that I want to make the change? Will the Costco agent have visibility to the new Disney itineraries given that they do not open to the general public until Thursday (we are Silver CC members)?

Bottom line is that I want to keep the benefits of booking with a placeholder (10% discount, $200.00 OBC, 50% on the deposit). I know that I need to go through Costco since they are the TA on record. I just want to make sure that I have my all my ducks in a row so there are no unpleasant surprises tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for your help!

So me and my sister's family are currently booked on a Fantasy Western this November. Due to some important family matters, we decided to forgo this cruise and rebook for one of the Quebec cruises on the Magic next fall.

We booked this current cruise with a couple of Placeholders we setup on our Dream cruise last October 2016. We also transferred the booking to Costco to take advantage of the Cash Card benefit.

My question is this, how do I go about transferring the reservation to the Canada itineraries? is it as simple as telling the Costco agent that I want to make the change? Will the Costco agent have visibility to the new Disney itineraries given that they do not open to the general public until Thursday (we are Silver CC members)?

Bottom line is that I want to keep the benefits of booking with a placeholder (10% discount, $200.00 OBC, 50% on the deposit). I know that I need to go through Costco since they are the TA on record. I just want to make sure that I have my all my ducks in a row so there are no unpleasant surprises tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for your help!
As long and new future cruise you want to book is within the 24 month window you started when you made the placeholder reservation, you can transfer your current reservation to the new cruise and still receive the onboard booking perks.

Yes, your TA will be able to make the change. You can't change the reservation yourself. And the Costco agent will have to call if you want to book on the Silver day. No online reservations are available on the early Castaway Club dates. One note, the discounts will be taken on the prevailing price for that new cruise. Typically the discount on the deposit on a 7 night an longer cruise is that the deposit is 10% (not the typical 20%).

Thanks Princess Shmoo!

Follow up question. Will the Costco Agent be aware enough to call Disney to change the reservation or do I need to mention that to the agent?

Thanks!

Thanks Princess Shmoo!

Follow up question. Will the Costco Agent be aware enough to call Disney to change the reservation or do I need to mention that to the agent?

Thanks!
Probably a good idea to let the agent know that you have a special booking day. And that the reservation can only be done by phone. I wouldn't plan on them being aware of that information.

I booked today through Costco and when I told them the itinerary I wanted, the agent said, "oh, I'm going to need to call them to book that one." But I agree, you might as well tell them this is an itinerary that will need to be booked on the phone just in case the agent isn't aware.

Thanks Princess Shmoo!

Thanks!

Any changes to the reservation will require the Costco agent to actually call Disney. They cannot make changes to the reservation themselves. They'll put you on hold, talk to Disney, and then come back and tell you the changes. It will be helpful when you call if you have both your Costco reservation number, and the Disney reservation number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter