• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moving from BW GV to BCV 2bdrm, mid-February: ideas, suggestions?

cyiland

Chris Young "DVChris"
OK, here’s my dilemma; Our intended guests had to bow out, turning our planned 9 person President’s Day week WDW trip (Feb 18-25, ‘06) into a 5 person trip (just our immediate family, plus the exchange student that’s with us this year). We’d originally booked two (2) 2bdrm units at BCV for the first 4 nights, and then moved us all into a GV at BW for the final 3 nights. We were looking forward to being in a GV, but that’s a different story….

Now that our party is smaller, I cancelled the 2nd bdrm at BCV. But I won’t cancel the GV ressie until I know for a fact that we can get the other nights at the BCV. So we’re on the waiting list for the final 3 BCV nights (for a 2 bdrm).

I’m just looking for comments/suggestions from my fellow DVCer’s: if you were in my shoes, what would YOU do? Just renting out my GV unit isn’t a good idea unless we are assured that we’ll be able to score a 2bdrm. Thoughts? :confused3

If it were me, I'd also book or waitlist at the BWV for a 2 bedroom for the last 3 nights. I'd hold tight, hoping for a waitlist to come through, until at least the first part of February. Then if the BCV hadn't come through, I'd start getting serious about a final decision.

Best wishes-

cyiland said:
OK, here’s my dilemma; Our intended guests had to bow out, turning our planned 9 person President’s Day week WDW trip (March 18-25, ‘06) into a 5 person trip (just our immediate family, plus the exchange student that’s with us this year). We’d originally booked two (2) 2bdrm units at BCV for the first 4 nights, and then moved us all into a GV at BW for the final 3 nights. We were looking forward to being in a GV, but that’s a different story….

Now that our party is smaller, I cancelled the 2nd bdrm at BCV. But I won’t cancel the GV ressie until I know for a fact that we can get the other nights at the BCV. So we’re on the waiting list for the final 3 BCV nights (for a 2 bdrm).

I’m just looking for comments/suggestions from my fellow DVCer’s: if you were in my shoes, what would YOU do? Just renting out my GV unit isn’t a good idea unless we are assured that we’ll be able to score a 2bdrm. Thoughts? :confused3
I thought President's Day week was in February.
I would also waitlist at BWV. Is there any way you could see if a 1BR and studio is available. They wouldn't be joining if there aren't any 2BR but it may work.Sometimes being flexible helps.
Good luck.

Nanajo1 said:
I thought President's Day week was in February.
Can't believe I put "March"... It is in FACT February 18-25. Sigh... is it the weekend yet? :blush:

Nanajo1 said:
I would also waitlist at BWV. Is there any way you could see if a 1BR and studio is available. They wouldn't be joining if there aren't any 2BR but it may work.Sometimes being flexible helps.
Good luck.

I THOUGHT I understood from DVC (but was obviously incorrect, from your replies) that I could only waitlist one option. Anyone know if there's a maximum number of options you can waitlist at once? I'd also thought about waitlisting each day individually. But then, I'm left with the possibility of, for example, 4 days at BCV, 1 day in the BWV GV, back to BCV, and then back to BWV! AAARGH!

On the other hand, I guess that's one way to get daily housekeeping! :rotfl2: Just kidding; hold off on the flames!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter