• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moving on down to FL!

Yea today we saw some lovely homes on the internet and they DIDNT have ac!!!! i was like uhhhhh maybe people from florida are just really tough lol!!!!

Well, by "modern construction" I pretty much meant anything built after about 1960, when houses started to be built without high ceilings or large windows sited for cross-ventilation. In the days before a/c was affordable, those architectural features kept air moving in southern homes. Without them, you pretty much have to depend on artificial air movement in subtropical climates. You'll still find some older homes in Florida that were built without a/c, but it's a simple matter to make installing it a condition for the sale.

Publix is great for groceries. Love their two for one deals.

Me too! I spent $31 at Publix yesterday and my savings from bogos was $18 - you can’t beat that.

OP, you also manage to find ways to get around without driving on I4 most of the time. Going north/east and south/west I drive 429 or 417 whenever possible. Yes they are toll roads, but it’s worth not sitting still in traffic through the construction. Before my office relocated I used to have to get on and off the turnpike at I4 in the middle of some of the worst construction and I am so glad not to deal with that anymore. Way too many close calls and almost accidents . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter