• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moving stateroom occupants and balcony question

ajluze

Earning My Ears
We are traveling with a group of 10. We originally paired up everyone based on their castaway status so we could book our port adventures at the same time. Now that everyone checks in at 30 days, is it possible to rearrange everyone so that the appropriate pairs are in the same rooms? We are already paid in full. I know I’ve seen people
I’m here advise to go to guest services upon embarkation, but is it possible to straighten it out ahead of time with no penalties?

Also, does anyone know if the balcony partitions can be opened up for 5 rooms in a row, or only the adjoining ones?
Thank you!

Second question first - maybe. It depends on the 5 rooms. A lot of rooms are just partition after partition, so those would be no problem. But there are bulkheads between some rooms as well, and those (obviously) cannot be opened. Your best bet it to check the deck map and/or photos to see if there is a bulkhead or not.

As far as moving folks, once you're paid in full I don't think you can change occupants of a room. Now, that said, no one checks the rooms to see who's in them - so technically you could make some "unofficial" changes. The only difference would be who pays what bill. I would definitely call shoreside guest services ASAP about that.

Good luck!

so we could book our port adventures at the same time. Now that everyone checks in at 30 days,
You still book port adventures and onboard activities based on CC status. Online check-in at 30-days is different.

I think if you tried to change it all around in advance, DCL will treat it as cancel and new guest added -- which probably changes the fare. And if you are past the PIF date, may involve penalties. It's easiest just to request extra key cards onboard and have people sleep where they want.

As to opening partitions -- maybe. Depends on the rooms.

The partitions will depend on the exact location but the majority of connected cabins do open. I have seen 5 staterooms that were open to each other on one sailing.

We have done multiple sailings where we booked different families into different rooms. It just seemed more of a hassle to re-arrange before boarding. Once on board a stop at Guest Services and it was always pretty easy to re-arrange the families into the desired cabin and everyone will have the proper stateroom key.

The biggest issue is making sure you have the proper numbers in the cabins. If the cabin doesn't sleep that amount or it impacts the lifeboat capacity it may not be allowed later so the number has to be correct. For example, we put our Platinum son in with his aunt and uncle and one of the cousins and took the other cousin in our cabin. His Platinum status covered that cabin and we just swapped the kids back once onboard. All the reservations were already linked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter