Moving to Florida!! Relocation help.

I guess I'm not understanding the need to move now, as opposed to a few years out. Your DH doesn't have a job in the area, and you don't mention what your dissatisfaction is with your current location. Personally, I would only move a HS-aged child if I absolutely had to. A child that age is working towards college and career, not to mention very involved with activities and the social scene, typically. Starting over in a new environment is difficult. That said, we did move twice with kids in middle school (in 2008, when my older two were starting 6th and 8th, and again in 2015, when #3 was starting 7th). Not gonna lie, these moves were hard on the whole family, especially the MS kids. In the case of our 2015 move, DH went ahead in May, the rest of us followed in July, after my older son graduated HS. We absolutely had to move--DH's job ended. We gave consideration to moving sooner, but older DS really didn't want to switch HS midstream, and I couldn't blame him.

Bottom line, if you don't have a compelling reason to move now, I wouldn't.
I really focused on your housing questions previously, but I have to say I agree with this. I wouldn't move kids the ages yours are without a very compelling reason. Wanting warmer weather or being close to WDW would not qualify as compelling. If you/your husband are currently employed and there is no immeninet threat of losing that job, there are few reasons I can imagine seekign to move eleswhere while a child is in highschool.

And this is where the whole thread derails and everyone starts throwing out "Well IMHO". :laughing:

We have our reasons for moving and our children have been included in the making of this decision. We are a team. All other humble opinions aren't being considered at this time but I appreciate your concerns.

I'm pretty sure we've ruled out Airbnb. It was just an idea. Apartments probably aren't going to accommodate our pets. We're thinking a long term lease like people have mentioned is probably the way to go.

If your husband likes sports he should look into ESPN located in the Orlando area. My dh has a good friend who works for them in IT and he really likes it.

And this is where the whole thread derails and everyone starts throwing out "Well IMHO". :laughing:

We have our reasons for moving and our children have been included in the making of this decision. We are a team. All other humble opinions aren't being considered at this time but I appreciate your concerns.

I'm pretty sure we've ruled out Airbnb. It was just an idea. Apartments probably aren't going to accommodate our pets. We're thinking a long term lease like people have mentioned is probably the way to go.

You post on a message board, looking for input. You have no job prospects, you haven't researched school options, and until today, apparently, you were considering AirBnB as a good long-term rental option. This does NOT look like a well-thought-out plan. Moving is costly and stressful, and I can't imagine moving to a new area without a job waiting for me. You're putting the cart before the horse here.

You post on a message board, looking for input. You have no job prospects, you haven't researched school options, and until today, apparently, you were considering AirBnB as a good long-term rental option. This does NOT look like a well-thought-out plan. Moving is costly and stressful, and I can't imagine moving to a new area without a job waiting for me. You're putting the cart before the horse here.
:thumbsup2::yes::

Did you even read my original post? No where did I say we were going down there without a job in line and I considered Airbnb a short term option that would allow us the flexibility to quickly purchase a home when it came on the market. As for research I am doing it right this very moment by asking local residents how they feel about certain areas of their town. But please feel free to interpret my post in whatever way fits your mood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter