Moving to Florida

KWollen

Earning My Ears
I am moving to Florida permanently during the program and therefore need to get Florida drivers license and my car registered. I'm from Alabama and was just wondering if anyone knew where the DMV was located that I would need to transfer my license at

My daughter will be there from June to January for Fall Advantage. Her car is currently registered under our name ( parents,) as well as the insurance. I thought I read somewhere that if she brings her car, the insurance card must have her name on it.

Can we keep the car registered under our name, but have insurance card changed to her name? Or do we have to change everything to her name? Or do we have to change everything to FL?

Help!

Michele

She must be listed as an insured driver to the vehicle and must produce an insurance card in addition to vehicle registration with matching Last Name or Address in order to park it at the apartment complex.

My daughter will be there from June to January for Fall Advantage. Her car is currently registered under our name ( parents,) as well as the insurance. I thought I read somewhere that if she brings her car, the insurance card must have her name on it.

Can we keep the car registered under our name, but have insurance card changed to her name? Or do we have to change everything to her name? Or do we have to change everything to FL?

Help!

Michele

If the insurance card does not have her name on it you can usually go online and print your "Declarations" page of your policy. That will list her as a driver.
If you do not have access to this you can ask your insurer to send you a letter on their letterhead stating that she is insured under your policy. She can present either form at check in

Excellent Wishes Count! I just found the 'Declarations Page' and it lists her name as additional driver, along with the VIN # of her car.

When I called the insurance company, they were telling me we had to turn in her NY plates and get FL plates.

So happy I got an easy answer.

BTW, your threads have been very helpful!

Michele

Keep this in mind, if you register your car in Florida, they have the "new wheels" fee. Any vehicle registered in the state for the first time pays around a $300 fee in addition to the other fees and taxes. When I first registered my car down here when I moved, the bill came to around $450. Also, you have to have all the necessary documentation.

And last time I checked, the Florida DMV doesn't accept Visa (in-person only, will accept for online though), weird I know.

Keep this in mind, if you register your car in Florida, they have the "new wheels" fee. Any vehicle registered in the state for the first time pays around a $300 fee in addition to the other fees and taxes. When I first registered my car down here when I moved, the bill came to around $450. Also, you have to have all the necessary documentation.

And last time I checked, the Florida DMV doesn't accept Visa (in-person only, will accept for online though), weird I know.

What are the require documents for registering it car and getting tags? Also what are the required documents for getting a Florida driver license?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter