Moving trip to Summer - How hot is it?

Personally, I prefer summer over winter. June is usually mild, July can be warm, but not too bad. With children, winter can be tricky. There are coats and hats to lug around. The water rides are off limits because we'll be too cold. A lot of rides are being refurbished. It's so easy in the summer. I think you'll have a wonderful time!

Yes. We froze last night at princess night…. I found myself wishing for July. I am so tired of being cold. 😂😂😂 And ride after ride keeps going down for refurbishment. June and July- most passes are blocked out, weather is warm but not August/Sept/Oct hot, and all the rides are running.

Yes, we looked here first, but it was over our budget.

So far we have looked at a Premium Room at Candy Cane Inn (we called them and they said it was 360 square feet, which is equivalent or larger than rooms we have booked in the past), and a Family Suite at Hyatt House that has a King Bed, two bunk beds and a pull-out sofa. Both of these are within our budget. Do you have experience with either?
Check out the Home 2 Suites by Hilton. Their rooms and suites sleep 5 and it’s totally walkable.

Thank you so much everyone! This is so helpful, and encouraging that summer Anaheim is more doable then summer Orlando. I hate Covid SO much right now.

I’m really leaning towards July because that works better with our schedules. We were going to stay at Grand Cal, but that sadly won’t work now. Any good recommendations of places to stay for a family of 5? (Kids 10, 8, 8.) We really want to all be in one bigger-ish room, and that makes things tricky. Walkable is also a big plus, but having to take a shuttle isn’t a deal breaker.
July will likely be hotter than June but there really is no comparison to Orlando. I nearly died in Orlando in October with the heat and humidity!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter