Mowc

Lynn K

British Invasion Fan
Tell me everything about Orlando Marriott World Center. What are the rooms like, the restaurants, the fitness center, spa, pool etc? I am spending two nights there in April and would appreciate all information, positive and any negative, too. Thanks.

Hi Lynn K. This Is Lynn Kelley!!!!! I'm staying there also and am interested in the response. I got this hotel thru priceline, it wasn't what I wanted, I was hoping for a downtown disney hotel so it's all new to me also!

I got it through Priceline,too and like you I was hoping for Downtown Disney.
I did find out that they discontinued the Sunday brunch. I called and added requests for non-smoking, king, non-ground floor room and they made the notations on my reservations.
I also found out Mears runs to the Disney parks for $7.00 round trip.
Based on the pictures and descriptions on the web, it looks like a very nice hotel!
I hope we like it.

What did you get for a rate on priceline. We are going down at the end of April and were
wondering what we could get for a rate. Does the MOWC have a shutttle to disney? How far is it from DD.

I also received this hotel through priceline for Easter week at 75/night. I'm curious about the rooms too. Anybody have any advice? Hope everyone has a great trip!

Hi, we stayed here in 2000 with a winning priceline bid. I thought he hotel was very nice. We had joined the Marriott Rewards program (free) and we were upgraded to a poolside room, which was great. Some people prefer to have a room with a view of Disney though.

The pool area of this hotel is wonderful! They have a poolside bar/grill with waitresses who will serve you as you relax by the pool....aaaahhhh!! Plus they had live music out by the pool too... can you tell I liked the pool?!! We were there in August, so I'm not sure if they have all this in non-summer months. Our room was nice with 2 beds plus a pull out sofa. Our room showed a little wear, but not enough to really make me complain. My DH and DS's ate breakfast at one of the restaurants one morning and they said it was good. We only paid $45/night for our room so it was a great bargain. Beware of the resort fee they charge, it's somewhere between $7-10 a day. We were able to have it waived, but some are not always successfull at doing so.

if you already have paid for the room through priceline then how can they add on extra room fees? Is this how you got out of the bill?

Some of the "resort" type hotels will charge a resort fee... MOWC, Wyndham Palace, Dolphin/Swan, etc. The fee is for things like coffee, daily newspapers, and other things. This is something they will hit you with at check-out. My DH went to the desk and disputed the charges, stating that we didn't use the things we were being charged for and they waived the fees, but I know of some who still had to pay the fees. I just want you to be aware that they do exist. These fees are not just for priceline customers, they are for all hotel guests. I think the fees are very unfair, and do not think you should have to pay for these "extras" especially in a hotel the quality of the MOWC. You might want to call the hotel to inquire about the fees and what they are for. Any other questions, just ask :)

Hi, Thanks for all the help. One more question. I heard that MOWC
does not have a shuttle to disney you have to take the Mears shuttle for
an additional $7. Can anyone confirm this.

I just checked their website http://www.marriott.com/epp/default.asp?MarshaCode=MCOWC
and I didn't see anything about a shuttle service, even though I thought they had one when we were there a couple of years ago. We did not use it because we had a car, but I think I remember there being a charge for it. You could call the hotel and find out.

Mercy, thanks for all of the excellent information.

mccownh, the information about the shuttle being $7 was provided in a e-mail from the hotel's cutomer service.

We stayed at MOWC at Christmas. The North Tower is the area to request for more convenient parking and a view overlooking Disney. The food court is nice for breakfast items and evening/snack items.

The location of MOWC is extremely convenient to Disney World - it was essentially the same as being on-site for most destinations. Please at least consider a car rental, however, for maximum use of your time, convenience, flexibility, and for access to all areas of Disney. The more we visit Disney, the more we enjoy having our own rental car, even if staying on-site.

We stayed there after Christmas with a priceline bid. The resort is beautiful, the kids liked the glass enclosed elevators, they were like a ride in itself. When we checked in, I said I wanted the resort fee waived, no problem. We stayed in the north tower on the ninth floor, had a great view of downtown disney from the balcony. There is no free shuttle to WDW, you do have to pay.

We stayed there in Feb also through Priceline and I was wary that we might receive worse treatment than others, but everything was fine. It was a magnificent hotel, and I would stay there again without hesitation. I believe we paid around $45 per night. I did know about the resort fee, but didn't say anything, and it wasn't even added on so I was even more pleased. As others have said there is no shuttle, but the taxis outside were numerous, but a hire car if poss would be even better. Unfortunately if you do get a car you either have to pay something like $14 a day valet parking or park a little distance away in the self parking place and walk up the hill. It only took about 5mins though, but might be tiring in very hot weather. Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter