• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MRI Anxiety

I'm sorry, I wish I had better advice to offer but I just don't.

I get a cranial MRI, head cage and all, every year and just have no issues with it. If it wasn't so stinking loud in there I could take a nap.

The best I have to offer is just keep your eyes closed and picture yourself laying on a beach somewhere.

My hospital always offers a warm blanket. Maybe that would help sell the beach visual?

I'm VERY claustrobic and I'll share something that really helped me. I used a sleeping mask, it was one that was a little puffy so when I put it on and laid down, I could actually see out of the MRI machine but I couldn't see up and realize how enclosed the space was. It worked SO well and was such a relief.

Too bad you can't listen to a podcast during the test. Leading up to it, I highly recommend more episodes of "Love Should be Multiplied". If you are caught up, remember they have a Patreon you can subscribe to.

Best of luck. I hope the test goes smoothly for you.

This is a great idea for before the test. I haven’t heard their latest podcast on part 1 of the after season interviews.

I got through the MRI :)

My blood pressure was 88/48 when they first checked me. That may have something to do with the dizziness. They gave me a bolus (sp?) of fluids to get it up. The anesthesiologist didn’t want to continue if we couldn’t get to 90/60.

Blood pressure came up. They gave me propofol and I slept through the MRI. My blood pressure dropped during the test. The anesthesiologist mentioned getting a cardiology work up so that may be next after the MRI results.

Thanks for all the tips. Glad it’s over.

My blood pressure was 88/48 when they first checked me. That may have something to do with the dizziness. They gave me a bolus (sp?) of fluids to get it up. The anesthesiologist didn’t want to continue if we couldn’t get to 90/60.

Blood pressure came up. They gave me propofol and I slept through the MRI. My blood pressure dropped during the test. The anesthesiologist mentioned getting a cardiology work up so that may be next after the MRI results.

have a good weekend.

So glad you got through it and it’s behind you now. Hope you’re able to get some rest. ❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter