MS factiods from an MS rep

WebmasterCricket

<font color=blue>Administrator<br><font color=red>
While on hold Sunday with MS for the Kidani switchover, I pressed the rep about as much as possible. Found out a few things that may or may not be worthy of knowing:

1) There are a maximum of 175 MS reps on the phone at one time but that only happens in special circumstances (like Sunday) but they employ many more reps than that (could not say how many exactly)

2) With all of those lines busy, there can be at least 100 more calls in queue

3) DVC reps not only read these forums (we knew that already) but some read them while at work and officially discuss both what we get right and what we get wrong to prepare themselves for any questions and to head off incorrect rumors (yeah right, when is this going to happen??)

4) They are officially being told to say that the new 7 day reservation policy and waitlist policy are not only doing well, but that members are having a very positive response to them when in fact neither is true and MS reps also do not like the policies in general and hate the wait list with a passion (could be this specific reps opinion only though on that part)

5) If you call back because you didn't like the answer you got from a first rep, they know you called back in most cases (she said the call tracking system doesn't always work) ;)

6) The problem on Sunday was that IT tested the addition of Kidani to the system but it failed Sunday morning when they started it up

7) If you change rooms and they cancel your old reservation, it's entirely possible to lose that old reservation if the new one fails for some reason since it's freed up the moment they cancel it (sort of scary if you ask me). I guess it happens all the time?!?!

8) Many MS reps are there only to get their foot in the door for other Disney positions so they have little incentive to really learn the in's and out's of the DVC system and also have a fairly high turnover

4) They are officially being told to say that the new 7 day reservation policy and waitlist policy are not only doing well, but that members are having a very positive response to them when in fact neither is true and MS reps also do not like the policies in general and hate the wait list with a passion (could be this specific reps opinion only though on that part).....
If what someone posted earlier this month about it taking a long time to input a waitlist request, I can easily believe that the CMs hate the waitlist. I'm sure they are evaluated on the number of calls they take per hour - most call center employees are measured that way.

Thanks for the info Cricket - very interesting!

3) DVC reps not only read these forums (we knew that already) but some read them while at work and officially discuss both what we get right and what we get wrong to prepare themselves for any questions and to head off incorrect rumors (yeah right, when is this going to happen??)

Thanks!
Those are interesting info.
I wonder if point #3 has anything to do with some of the AKV mess being straightened out today?... :rolleyes1
Maybe it's just coincidence? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info.

So nice to know that MS Advisors have essentially been instructed to LIE to the members about how much we all LOVE this new reservation system.

I guess it's too much to ask that they act like adults and admit their experiment sucked rocks. Just as it seems it's too much to ask that they treat Members as adults and tell us the truth rather than outright LIE.

I'll eat crow when DVC actually admits in public that this system didn't work the way they wanted it to and that it was a mistake. But I think given the upper management's inability to be adult and admit mistakes means I won't have to worry about that happening.

Thanks for the info.

So nice to know that MS Advisors have essentially been instructed to LIE to the members about how much we all LOVE this new reservation system.

I guess it's too much to ask that they act like adults and admit their experiment sucked rocks. Just as it seems it's too much to ask that they treat Members as adults and tell us the truth rather than outright LIE.

I'll eat crow when DVC actually admits in public that this system didn't work the way they wanted it to and that it was a mistake. But I think given the upper management's inability to be adult and admit mistakes means I won't have to worry about that happening.
You could be writting that directly from my thoughts too! This does NOT give me any warm fuzzy feelings about MS or the mistakes they and their antiquated computer system seems to be making lately...Not to mention that stupid new policy. I never thought I would say this, but I might actually be thinking of marketing my 69 AKV points if my next 11 month ressie doesn't result in getting what I want. UGH!!! This whole DVC experience was great for the first 10 years. Now all of a sudden, things are getting worse with every passing year. I don't know if it's the fact that the membership is growing, or the lack of customer service, or the fact that things started going downhill with the latest DVC administration, but I have my suspicions. We must ALL write to the head cheese about our concerns. Of course, you will only get a resonse from his cheesettes (member satisfaction *dissatisfaction* team), and it will be nothing but empty rhetoric. BLAH!!! I hate how this is going! The bad thing is that I still want to vacation at Disney and DVC, but I feel like "they" are making it almost impossible to do that in a normal way at times.

Thanks!
I wonder if point #3 has anything to do with some of the AKV mess being straightened out today?... :rolleyes1

I was offline all day yesterday and today, until now. I was thinking this as I read all the posts at the same time. Something had to happen to change their minds. They should have done the decent thing and handled it right in the first place.

Yes, some useful information but....maybe I'm overreacting but I have a different take on this particular CM....

A MS rep actually spoke negatively about the system and management on the phone (a potentially recorded conversation as we all know!)

I know that no employer is ever perfect and goodness knows we've seen DVC make a few very obvious bad judgement calls in recent months, but...

in my experience when an employee freely gives very negative information about their employer, something else is also going on. To infer that DVC is telling them to lie ! It just doesn't make sense. It's probably right that they have been told to say that the new reservation process is resulting in satisfied members. At this point in the year, it probably is. We haven't hit the holiday times yet. Just hitting 7 months for spring break and even the results thread is indicating that most are getting their reservations. DVC chose to 'spin' our complaints to say they were 'concerns' needing clarification. Can't help the corporate 'speak' Disney is a money making corporation. We can't forget that.

However, some of the comments I have heard before. A guide (not ours) did tell us that not only do they read the boards, some employees also post on the boards. That they hate dealing with waitlists...I totally understand that, it is probably one of the more frustrating things to deal with.

I don't have a lot of respect for the employee that so openly 'bad-mouths' their employer. Rather they can tactfully deal with the situation and forward the member's concerns without doing damage to the organization they represent.

in my experience when an employee freely gives very negative information about their employer, something else is also going on...

I don't have a lot of respect for the employee that so openly 'bad-mouths' their employer. Rather they can tactfully deal with the situation and forward the member's concerns without doing damage to the organization they represent.

Agreed.

...It's probably right that they have been told to say that the new reservation process is resulting in satisfied members...

She read the line verbatim to me.

We happen to know someone in common in another division of Disney so she was a bit more forthcoming than she would be with a regular member (I'm assuming).

In this case, this person happens to love her job and Disney. She simply stated what she is supposed to say and also told me her actual experience and how it differs from the company line.

She never spoke bad of management at any point.

Thanks for the info.

Well, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. People high on the totem pole, generally, find it impossible to admit a mistake even to the detriment of the company.

Usually the only way a fiasco like this gets changed is if the person responsible for it gets displaced and that can take some time.

Yes, some useful information but....maybe I'm overreacting but I have a different take on this particular CM....

A MS rep actually spoke negatively about the system and management on the phone (a potentially recorded conversation as we all know!)

I know that no employer is ever perfect and goodness knows we've seen DVC make a few very obvious bad judgement calls in recent months, but...

in my experience when an employee freely gives very negative information about their employer, something else is also going on. To infer that DVC is telling them to lie ! It just doesn't make sense. It's probably right that they have been told to say that the new reservation process is resulting in satisfied members. At this point in the year, it probably is. We haven't hit the holiday times yet. Just hitting 7 months for spring break and even the results thread is indicating that most are getting their reservations. DVC chose to 'spin' our complaints to say they were 'concerns' needing clarification. Can't help the corporate 'speak' Disney is a money making corporation. We can't forget that.

However, some of the comments I have heard before. A guide (not ours) did tell us that not only do they read the boards, some employees also post on the boards. That they hate dealing with waitlists...I totally understand that, it is probably one of the more frustrating things to deal with.

Totally I agree with your views on employees like that. If you can't say something nice keep your mouth shut.

I don't need anyone at MS to tell me they dislike waitlists. It's pretty obvious when you ask to be put on one, what their opinion is.

Yes it does take awhile to set it up. My last one included(BW view, Prf view Bwv, BCV 2br(both variations) and VWL). I think I was on hold for at least 15 min while she set it up.

This whole DVC experience was great for the first 10 years. .

LOL! This is along the lines of what I told my new guide when he called to introduce himself. I expressed my dissatisfaction with the new reservation policy and most especially the waitlist policy. Using "honey" I said I was willing to see how it plays out but that I really didn't know why after 15 years they decided to start playing with something that had worked fine.

I think the changes are more along the lines of simplifying to lead to automation -- it sure ain't about member needs and wants.

Well, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. People high on the totem pole, generally, find it impossible to admit a mistake even to the detriment of the company.

Usually the only way a fiasco like this gets changed is if the person responsible for it gets displaced and that can take some time.

Well, in general, you are probably right. I guess I happen to be fortunate enough to have my CEO admit that they made a mistake, to the field, live, at a conference.

I did say that I didn't feel I was in dire danger of having to eat said crow.

Thanks!

Any links to info on the AKV mess?

I find it very odd that someone who supposedly loves their job and is possibly on a recorded line would tell a member that CMs have been told to lie. Now I'm not saying that the CMs haven't been told to lie, just that it's unlikely that one would tell a member that.

I find it very odd that someone who supposedly loves their job and is possibly on a recorded line would tell a member that CMs have been told to lie. Now I'm not saying that the CMs haven't been told to lie, just that it's unlikely that one would tell a member that.
I don't mind being the contrarian here -- I think the MS CM told Cricket exactly what Cricket said they said.

I think all of us are a little too prone to putting on the rose-colored glasses where Disney and DVC are concerned. I know I am, but I'm trying to get over it.

I have absolutely no doubt the CM's have been told the new waitlist system is a "Great Leap Forward" and that they WILL love it. I haven't been told that directly, but I have been told, "Well, you know...it was supposed to be a good thing..."

I personally think the waitlist change was a big mistake, and I hope they'll fix it in the unlikely event that they ever bring their computer system into the 20th Century. But that remains to be seen.

Thanks for the info.

So nice to know that MS Advisors have essentially been instructed to LIE to the members about how much we all LOVE this new reservation system..

First off we don't know this to be fact, most busnesses will not tell theier employees to "lie" about anything it will always turn out bad so I personally don't believe this part. Which removes all credibility from the rest of the information. Not questioning the OP's sincerity just the info given to them. Don't really see the problem with the reservation system either, the old day by day reservation crap was miserable. JMHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter