Multi day EVC deal?

Not from the parks.
Renting from one of the off site rental places will give you a less expensive rate per say than renting from the parks.

Post #2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread has information and contact numbers/ links for renting EXCs from off site places. You can find that link near the top of this board or follow the link in my signature.

we were just down for a few days at universal and the shuttle launch and got a great deal from allstarscooters.us
$15.00 a day! yes, only $15 a day. something is going on in orlando!
it was a great scooter, GoGo, and got me around without a problem.

We are looking into renting a scooter for my daughter and found that it will be less expensive to rent from the medical supply store in our own town!!! $180 for two weeks....so I think that is the way we are going....

We are looking into renting a scooter for my daughter and found that it will be less expensive to rent from the medical supply store in our own town!!! $180 for two weeks....so I think that is the way we are going....
That is sort-of reasonable. But what happens if there is a problem with an ECV, such as the battery goes bad?

And what is your transportation from home to WDW?

Not only could you have a problem with the ECV in WDW but have no recourse, but the airline could damage the ECV. You would be responsible for all damage.

It may not be bad to spend a little more in the Orlando area and have the ability to swap out a defective unit and prevent damage by the airline

I think it's safer renting a wheelchair from home and bringing it on the plane, but there are more possible things that can go wrong with bringing an ECV from home.

If you do decide to do it, make sure you have checked with the place you rented it from, that it is OK with them tO leave the state with it and what to do if it needs any repairs. The way that looks least expensive could end up costing a lot more in the long run.

I have my own unit here at home but would definitely rent locally. For the price and service you can't beat local companies, especially Allstar (owned by Walker Mobility) way back when we first came down in 1993 my personal ecv broke down and Walker services saved us that trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter