Multi-Day Ticket Expiration

Status
Not open for further replies.

philcata

Earning My Ears
We have a 7 day tickets that now expire 9/2021. Our stay is 7 days. Does anyone know what will happen to the unused days if we cannot get park reservations for all 7 days of our stay?

My understanding is that you still lose them.
the extension is just an extension to (Start) use them, not to use a day here and there. So once you use the first day, you generally have 14 days max to use all days.

Unclear to me if you mean you are still going 7 days or if you might have to reschedule for say 4 but...
Depending on how many days you will potentially lose, if might be more cost effective to buy a new ticket and keep the value of the 7 day for down the road on an upgrade.

It is really unknown. However, it also says that these tickets are now valid for any X days before expiration,

So, I think there Is a chance they are letting them be used for more than one trip.

I do know that one idea that they are considering is refunding days that cant be used because of not getting the park reservation. ..whether it will happen, not sure as things change all the time.

I also think there is a good chance the unused days will carry forward for another visit - sort of like the old no-expire tickets but with a defined expiration. There are people with partially used tickets from when the parks closed in March and those remaining days (tickets) have been extended to 9/26/2021 as well.

In MDE (website, not app), my 8-day hopper now says this:

View attachment 501065
I also think there is a good chance the unused days will carry forward for another visit - sort of like the old no-expire tickets but with a defined expiration. There are people with partially used tickets from when the parks closed in March and those remaining days (tickets) have been extended to 9/26/2021 as well.
I wonder if you upgrade the tickets to APs if it will be from first use then?

Verrrrrry doubtful if it has been used and then expires
The new information says you can apply the value of a wholly unused ticket to the purchase of another ticket.

I assume this means there will be no value to a partially used ticket.

There is currently no language clarifying if the days on the ticket are really for use ANY day, or if you are simply free to choose the first day of use and the usual use window applies.

The new information says you can apply the value of a wholly unused ticket to the purchase of another ticket.

There is currently no language clarifying if the days on the ticket are really for use ANY day, or if you are simply free to choose the first day of use and the usual use window applies.
This is interesting though... MDE now says...
Theme Park Admission: Any 6 of the Valid Dates

Attachments

• 67205DD7-9D2A-49FD-A7A8-B7CEA2A9A5F7.png
    67205DD7-9D2A-49FD-A7A8-B7CEA2A9A5F7.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 9

I read that wholly unused ticket line the same as you, that if we use it at all then the ticket will lose its value. It is all so vague. MDE list this ticket as this and doesn't say they expire after XX number of days from first use.

Valid: Sat, Jul 4, 2020 – Sun, Sep 26, 2021
Theme Park Admission: Any 7 of the Valid Dates

One castmember told me they would not expire after the first use, but others have told me they would. One CM on chat wanted me to change my dates saying they would be a good chance that we would get park reservations for each day, but I can't believe that they would know that. I guess we will reserve our park days and see what we get. I am already bummed that we will lose what we paid for hoppers. Our first trip overlaps the initial re-opening so we can't possibly use all 7 days. We are planning on going back next summer to use the ticket, but I don't see that we would be able to go in all 7 days. Either way I think we will have a loss.

I chatted with a CM this morning, who said the normal expiration rules still apply. Which makes no sense with the reservation system, and is entirely misleading in MDE.

I chatted with a CM this morning, who said the normal expiration rules still apply. Which makes no sense with the reservation system, and is entirely misleading in MDE.
I agree. We would have never bought a ticket like this under these new circumstances. It's too much of a gamble. I can handle the you might not get a park reservation, but now I lose a ticket on top of not being able to get into a park.

for further ticket questions please go to the ticket sticky, please do not open a new thread about tickets, all info is consolidated in one thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter