Multiple DAS in one family

Dis703

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering what the best way to go about this will be. Myself and each of my children use the DAS when visiting Disney. When they were younger it didn't make much difference who had the DAS as we all rode the same things. But now that they are getting older they want to ride things that I can't and there are some things they don't like that I will definitely ride. What I'm trying to figure out is how we manage things. If we all need to get a DAS, and if we do then do we all need to get separate return times if we ride the same ride? We are a party of 5 with 4 of us who are eligible for DAS.

As I understand it, if you have a DAS then you can't be on anyone else's DAS, correct? I had this come up last year when traveling with just one of my boys. I considered just getting one DAS for me and one for one of the boys and they could swap out their magicband as needed for whomever is actually riding, but then I worry it will seem like I'm cheating the system somehow. With only 2 adults there will only ever likely be 2 rides at a time we would be needing to separate out, it's just that which kid goes with which adult will change depending on the attraction. Is that making sense? Otherwise, I guess we get DAS for all 4 of us and then we just have to make sure we all scan our bands for each ride we get a return time for. But if we do that, can one person (without a DAS of their own) be attached to 4 separate DAS passes?

This would be so much easier if I didn't get sick on rides and could just go on everything. Thanks for reading and helping me understand this.

I believe you can be linked on multiple DAS accounts, but not have multiple return times. FOr instance, you could get a return for Thunder Mountain for the family, but if your son is linked to that return, he could not get another return for Splash until you've ridden Thunder Mountain.

Does that make sense?

I believe you can be linked on multiple DAS accounts, but not have multiple return times. FOr instance, you could get a return for Thunder Mountain for the family, but if your son is linked to that return, he could not get another return for Splash until you've ridden Thunder Mountain.

Does that make sense?

Did it change then? It came up once on a trip with my son last year when I went to get a return time on my band for all three of us and only my boyfriend showed up as part of my party. The CM said I needed to scan both of our bands next time, but since we weren't together at that moment he did something to add it for him as well.

I guess it comes down to who is most likely to ride with whom. If you each get your own DAS, the 2nd adult can be linked to each but can only have 1 active return time. A couple of scenarios:
  • You and adult2 get a return time for Splash, the 3 kids can each have their own return time for BTMRR without adult2.
  • Kid2 and kid3 want to go on HM with adult2 (who will get a single return time connected with one of the kids), you and kid1 can get a return time for something else.
If any 2 of the kids will ALWAYS go on the same attractions, they don't both need a DAS. That's just if you really need the flexibility of splitting up into different groups.

Have been to disney with a DAS holder and myself as a DAS holder the one person with out a DAS could only be on one DAS not both of our DAS This is the opisit of what I have heard here that you could be on more then one DAS card but just on one return time.

I think the best way to hand your situation is to go to GR and explain your need that 4 of you need a DAS but all ride different things and go from there.

A guest DAS is issued to (DAS holder) can only be listed on their own DAS.

A guest who doesn’t has DAS and is just linked on another guest’s DAS (non DAS holder) , may be linked to more than one DAS. Some people have reported they were able to get linked to more than one DAS and other people reported they were told they needed to decide which DAS holder to be linked to.
I don’t know, but would not be surprised to hear that there is a limit on the number of DAS a guest can be linked to (i.e. the system may allow a guest to be linked to 2 DAS, but not more than 2).

A DAS holder or person linked to a DAS can only have one active DAS Return Time at a time. If all the DAS holders want to go on the same attraction, they will each need to make a Return Time. One of them would need to include the non DAS holder in their Return Time for him/her to ride.

Even if more than one guest might be eligible for DAS, they don’t all need to request DAS. As lanejudy mentioned, if 2 people plan to ALWAYS go on the same attractions, they don’t both need a DAS.
Also, keep in mind that some attractions have short wait times and DAS won’t be needed for them. You can check current wait times in the My Disney Experience app - even from home before you go.

A guest DAS is issued to (DAS holder) can only be listed on their own DAS.

A guest who doesn’t has DAS and is just linked on another guest’s DAS (non DAS holder) , may be linked to more than one DAS. Some people have reported they were able to get linked to more than one DAS and other people reported they were told they needed to decide which DAS holder to be linked to.
I don’t know, but would not be surprised to hear that there is a limit on the number of DAS a guest can be linked to (i.e. the system may allow a guest to be linked to 2 DAS, but not more than 2).

A DAS holder or person linked to a DAS can only have one active DAS Return Time at a time. If all the DAS holders want to go on the same attraction, they will each need to make a Return Time. One of them would need to include the non DAS holder in their Return Time for him/her to ride.

Even if more than one guest might be eligible for DAS, they don’t all need to request DAS. As lanejudy mentioned, if 2 people plan to ALWAYS go on the same attractions, they don’t both need a DAS.
Also, keep in mind that some attractions have short wait times and DAS won’t be needed for them. You can check current wait times in the My Disney Experience app - even from home before you go.

Thanks that's what I wanted to clarify. I'll talk to the kids more about what they think they'll want to ride, but I suspect it's going to be rather unpredictable as what they like and what scares them varies so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter