Multiple Experience Pass

Princess351

Mouseketeer
Could someone explain to me how to use a Multiple experience pass (when one of your lightening lane passes converts due to an extended breakdown)? I just learned recently that these can be used for many rides that don't even have a lightening lane! Is this true? And if so, how do you cash-in your pass; i.e., go to the exit of a ride? Also, are there any rides withour a lightening lane that you cannot use it on?
I can't believe I'm just learning of this! LOL, and I considered myself well-versed in the parks! :rotfl2:

Yes, I have used MEPs for rides like Alice and Mr Toad that don’t have LL. Just ask the CM stationed at the ride (for those rides, I approached the CMs by the exit area). And more than once they didn’t scan the MEP or it didn’t disappear, so I got to use it again!

Edit: the MEPs refer to a list of rides they are good for, so you can see all your choices, including non-LL

Yes they work on some none LL rides.

I wish I took screen shot, but when you get one abs click on it there is wording that says "what can I use this on"" you click on it and it lists what it is good for and what it is not good for.

You take it to the exit of the ride does not have LL and they have hand held scanners to use for it.

We did have one ride- the Ferris wheel- where the CM didn't have a scanner and she let us through and told us we could use it again for something else. Nice pixie dust there!

Can you use a MEP in either park? So let’s say I got one for Matterhorn, could I use it for Soarin’?

No, same park.
The last few times we went (September and October), we received MEPs and while the available rides were—as expected—different depending on the ride that went down, the ones we earned had options listed in the app for both parks.

The last few times we went (September and October), we received MEPs and while the available rides were—as expected—different depending on the ride that went down, the ones we earned had options listed in the app for both parks.
Really? Wow! I admittedly haven’t used Genie+ too many times but when I’ve gotten them I always scanned the “available to use on” list and it all seemed to be in the same park. Hmmmm…

Really? Wow! I admittedly haven’t used Genie+ too many times but when I’ve gotten them I always scanned the “available to use on” list and it all seemed to be in the same park. Hmmmm…
I wonder if it's a more recent-ish change? Because I was pleasantly surprised as I could've sworn a MEP we'd received early on after Genie+ was introduced was only for the same park. That, or we just got lucky with some odd glitch lol.

Wow, thanks for the replies, guys! Crossing my fingers to get one on my next trip... and use the advice I've gotten here! We head there in a week. :)

When we used our MEP at rides like Alice where the cast member needs to scan, we noticed that sometimes it takes a bit for the pass to disappear. in one case we were able to use the same pass on Alice, Toad, and Casey Jr.

when we went just a couple weeks ago it also listed rides in both parks. We didn't have hoppers so didn't try it.

Can you use a MEP in either park? So let’s say I got one for Matterhorn, could I use it for Soarin’?
yes
BUT
Some attractions are considered a higher tier (gold) than others.
If the reversed happened. MEP from Soarin, you could not use it for the Matterhorn (considered gold).

yes
BUT
Some attractions are considered a higher tier (gold) than others.
If the reversed happened. MEP from Soarin, you could not use it for the Matterhorn (considered gold).
Found this out the hard way this past week! Very frustrating considering how much we paid for hoppers and genie plus!
So many rides down this past week, feeling disappointed 😔

As PP said, yes you can use MEP between both parks. If you click on the info screen it will tell you what rides you can use them on. (There are rides that hold a higher tier - Matterhorn, Space, Indy, Webslingers, GotG, TSMM)

Example: on our last trip we had Matterhorn LL. It broke down. We rode GotG instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter