Multiple room changes at Aulani

FoundMyPrince

DIS Veteran
This week we decided to head to Oahu in July/August. Although most Aulani rooms are already booked, we were able to make reservations for a room here and there. The upside is we are spending 5 nights at Aulani....downside is we are spending those 5 nights in 5 different rooms.:scared: We are staying on DVC points. We are on a wait list for two additional nights.

Have any of you experienced this? Will we have to check in/check out each day or just once and they'll let us know the next night's room number (by text??)? Will we need to haul our luggage with us each day or will the staff take our belongings from one room to another for us?

Since you're moving rooms, I'm thinking you'll actually need to check out/in each day. When we go to Aulani we link at least 2 reservations together in the same room and have to get new key cards on the switchover day. That's without changing rooms so I don't think they can do it if you are actually changing rooms.

As far as luggage goes, bell services will come to your room to pick it up in the morning, store it and the bring it to your new room once you're able to get into it --- which might not be until later in the day.

I’ve done multiple reservations but same room type. I called member services and they called the hotel directly at about 30 days prior to checking in. All nights connected. Since I used a couple different contacts, they had our new key cards slipped under the door early morning. Just had to remember to throw away old ones. New cards always worked. I had everyone set their key cards on kitchen counter so I could make sure the old ones thrown away.

I just worked with David's to book a two week stay at WDW. In order to increase my odds of getting the room and resort I wanted I was given the option of booking two separate reservations. Based on reports from other people who booked split stays, it seems that If you booked the same room type and view for all five nights, i.e. Ocean view studio, there's a good chance you won't have to change rooms but will have to check in/out each day.

If your room type or view is different than you will most likely have to change rooms every night.

Bell services at Aulani is wonderful. If you have to change rooms just call them and they will pick up and store your luggage untill your new room is ready.
All the CMs we met at Aulani are super!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter