Multiple rooms or 2 bedroom villa?

PrincessDJC

Earning My Ears
Starting to plan family trip for 2021 when daughter graduates college. Will be 5 adults (hubby and I, adult son and his wife, and 22 year old daughter. Don't want to cram us into only 2 rooms for privacy reasons so I thought a villa would be good but if I'm correct it might actually be cheaper to book 3 rooms at a moderate????? I figured a villa would be cheaper. Anyone booked villas before at a reasonable rate? Renting points from strangers makes me uneasy. Thoughts and advice appreciated.

I would price them both out. We've actually gotten two-bedrooms at CCV, BWV and BCV at fairly good discounts when promos are running. The nice thing about the villas is you are guaranteed to be together, you'll have a full kitchen and washer/dryer. The con is, your daughter is, most likely, sleeping on a pull-out. You could also price out a 2-bedroom and a studio. With the mods, you are guaranteed real beds for everyone, but no guarantee those rooms will be anywhere near each other.

I would go 3 rooms in a moderate just because having 6 adults share the same 2 bedroom may not be as private as you would like. In order to use the bathroom, 2 people would have to walk into another room where 2 other people are sleeping, you all share the same fridge, etc. It can work, but having separate spaces may be more comfortable.

I would go 3 rooms in a moderate just because having 6 adults share the same 2 bedroom may not be as private as you would like. In order to use the bathroom, 2 people would have to walk into another room where 2 other people are sleeping, you all share the same fridge, etc. It can work, but having separate spaces may be more comfortable.

In a 2-bedroom villa, the person (or people) sleeping on the pull-out bed in the living room can access the master bath without going through the king bedroom.

In a 2-bedroom villa, the person (or people) sleeping on the pull-out bed in the living room can access the master bath without going through the king bedroom.

Also some (Kidani and BLT at least) have 3BRs. Just a shared living space thing to consider. I'm thinking about it with my family, my parents and my brother myself, and am strongly leaning towards just two studios because l need my time away from them as much as with them. I don't want to have the share the same coffee pot and other items for the whole time I'm there. Each family dynamic is different, though.

Also some (Kidani and BLT at least) have 3BRs. Just a shared living space thing to consider. I'm thinking about it with my family, my parents and my brother myself, and am strongly leaning towards just two studios because l need my time away from them as much as with them. I don't want to have the share the same coffee pot and other items for the whole time I'm there. Each family dynamic is different, though.

The BLT two-bedroom is great because of the extra full bathroom off the living room for the persons using the pull-out. We have the most experience with that set-up (haven’t stayed at Kidani) and it has worked well. Studios are another good option for privacy reasons. The villas are nice because of the convenience of the washer/dryer.

If you decide to do a villa, consider renting DVC points instead if booking one through Disney, it will be cheaper. Also a 2 BR villa has good amount of space for the anmpunt of people you have with a pull out in addition in the living room. A lock off option would provide 2 separate entries. 3BR villa are at all DVC resorts and are Huge! We easily fit 4 couples and 4 kids.

My family booked a 2 bdrm at OKW. It was massive. I think that sharing space is fine if you are all used to traveling together, but it can be problematic if you are not. My family often travels as a large crew and it works for us, but if my DS and DDIl are with us, they need to get thero own room. Even a suite is not going to work. DS needs to escape and we are good with it because if he was not able to, we would end up drowning him.

I would price it out because the villas are expensive. You may be better off booking the three rooms. And your family would all have privacy

That’s not true for all resorts or rooms, though.

There are whole areas at OKW where you do have to go through the main bedroom. At the very least.

In the Jambo 1 bed lock off we had, the living room sleeper had to come through the main bedroom for the bathroom.

We obviously love OKW and the two-bedroom unit is spacious and comfortable, but there is no “extra” bathroom. While that is not usually a problem for us, some families would find it to be problematic. The Grand Villa would be a great choice, but it is pricey and renting points would be something to consider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter